Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Aldershot Battle Road 2009 1st place.

Black Sorceror

Okay, my 3rd BR win this season which I'm happy about. I played BlazeRayChomp.

My list was:

Pokemon: 19

3-1 Blaziken FB Lv X
2-1 Luxray GL Lv X
1-1 Garchomp C Lv X
1-1 Ninetails MT (Shiny vulpix.)
1-2 Claydol GE
1 Crobat G
1 Bronzong G
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown G GE

Trainers/Supporters: 31

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's collection
4 TGI Poketurn
4 TGI Energy Gain
3 TGI SP Radar
2 TGI Power Spray
4 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance

Energy: 10

3 SP
5 Fire
2 Lightning

For Bournemouth I played 1 Psychic, 1 Croak G Promo and 1-0-1 Blaze PT and 2 candy. 3 Prem Ball, 2 Spray and 1-1 Claydol.

Before I go any further, I want to thank Sami Sekkoum for all the deck help he gave me, it's helped me a lot and allowed me to win today. Thanks a lot bro. :D

I dropped the croak G and Blaze line in favour of

1-2 Dol
1 Bronzong
1-1 Garchomp C X
4th Prem Ball
2nd Spray.
1-1 Ninetails
1 Fire

I forget what else I dropped.
Anyway those changes won me the tournament by far. Garchomp is so good. The Bronzong also allows you to keep energy on the board amongst other stuff and the 4th Prem Ball allows for faster level x's and more reusage of them late game. 2 Spray is better than one, as I found out on the day. and extra Dol made it more consistent allowing me to get it faster.

The 1-1 Ninetails was the hardest decision I had to make, it was Blaze or that and Ninetails was the better Mewtwo counter. I knew I stood no chance without a counter. Dropping Blaze also allowed more space.

Onto the report...

I get there, see Jak and give him a game against his Dusknoir Evire. I win a close game 1 through Garchomp's Dragon Rush. Scoop game 2 because of a dead hand and win game 3 narrowly.
Nathan and Samuel arrive and stuff happens then the names are put up. I find myself not on there, then realise I forgot to register XD.

I hand in my list and stuff happens for about an hour while we wait for the event to start. We find out that seniors is 4 rounds then top 2.

Round 1 versus Jak w/ Flygon/Weavile/Mewtwo

I'm literally thinking, sugar honey ice tea. I did not want to play Jak this early. So he tells me his dad chose his deck for the tournament and it turns out he's playing one of my worst matchups. Man I saw so many Mewtwo it was so GHEY!

Game 1:

He opens sneasel, calls for baltoy and Mewtwo. I open okay but his hand is god. He just gets the better, faster setup and wins.

Game 2: His setup is okay with a Trapinch and something else. Gets the mewtwo etc but he doesn't see a supporter 'til' turn 3 by which time I'm better setup and win.

Game 3:

It's close to time and I simply get the prizes faster than he does and win.

Jak is telling me to win the rest of my games or he'll kill me :O.

Stuff happens and I sell stuff to Nathan.

Round 2 versus Luke Wilson w/ Flygon/Nidoqueen (No Uxie or Claydol)

I saw what he was playing and his list just lost all the hand so early and once one Flygon died that was it, Really no point in me going into further detail, he took maybe 1 prize out of both games.

I give Samuel some friendly's. His Mewtwo is a complete A-hole and yeah. Next round is called and I'm playing him anyway.

Round 3 versus Samuel w/ Mewtwo/Dusknoir/Nidoqueen.

Game 1

He gets the Mewtwo early. I am desperately trying to KO it as he keeps whiffing on Bebe's to get the X. His Moonlist Stadium and Uxie keep it alive on the bench. I take 3 prizes until he finally gets it out. It starts killing me and Dark Palm Dusknoir stops my Ninetails and Garchomp C X. I get 1 or 2 more prizes but am unable to take my final one.

Game 2

Time is in 5 minutes and I have the most magnificent Donk chance with my Blaze versus his Duskull. He gets heads on astonish and hits the one card that gets me the donk (Cyrus) and I can do a maximum of 40 next turn. Had he hit anything else with astonish I won of won. But alas it was not to be.

Okay, I'm 2-1 and I look at the standings, I'm playing the only 3-0er with Palkia/Dialga. I am so happy as BlazeRay has an autowin here and I'm guranteed top 2.

Round 4 versus I'm sorry I've forgotten your name w/ Palkia/Dialga

This match was just too easy. I KOed his Dialgas quickly with my Blaze X and Bright looked out Palkia when it hit the table to stop any setup chance.

Game 2 is simmilar. He gst Palkia X out but Flash Impact KOed it.

Top 2 is called and I want to be sick. I have to play Samuel again. ARGH!

Game 1 is really odd. The game seems even and we both have decent set ups. Apparently he sees something I don't and scoops. If you read this Sam, tell me why the scoop.

Game 2 was much easier as I knew his deck better now and made sure I played around the Dark Palm Dusknoir. I kept the imporant stuff on the table and kept a Spray in hand just in case. I KO Duskulls and Nidorina and he brings out the dreaded MEWTWO!

This is where things get ineteresting. I have managed to Dragon Rush his Claydol for a KO and stop his draw. I then bring up Luxray, level up and Bright look something for a KO. He is then stuck in the position where he has to KO Luxray or I will keep getting cheap Bright Look prizes and he'll be unable to do anything. However, I have a Vulpix with 2 energy benched and Ninetails in hand. He gigaburns and KO's Ray. I promote Vulpix, evolve, colour change and Fire Blast KO.

He now has no draw or Mewtwo so he brings stuff up but I have gained complete board control and he is unable to do anything so he scoops. Epc games Sam, GG.

So I get my BR promo and 4 packs. I am now top in UK with around 1620 and first/second in Europe/Africa. (Or I will be when I get my go Pokemon account on the 22nd October.)

I pull a secret rare Zapdos out of my packs and give Sam the rest.

Overall a pretty epic day, good to see the guys again.

Props:

3rd BR win this season
3/4 BR's won
1st/2nd in Europe and Africa
Jak
Nathan
Sam
Nick
Chris
Blaziken
Luxray
Garchomp
Blaze/Ray/Chomp
Ninetails
Sami Sekkoum for the brilliant deck advice. Guy's my boy, walahi.
James⾢ ™ says:
add me to props for just being dippy and helping u with decks and stuff

Slops:

12 o' clock start (supposed to be 10:30 xD)
MEWTWO FREAKIN' LV X!!!
Nathan for being such a failure and going 2-1 and missing top cut (Lol, jokes bro, love you really xD)
Not being top 4 so Jak couldn't top cut :(

Thanks for listening, and remember, stay smexy :D

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

First of all I'd like to say a BIG congratz. 3 BR wins is really good. Nice job!

secondly I could have astonished the Azelf;) Unless you drew it.

Thirdly your 4th round. His name was Micheal.

And lastly a bit confusing. I think we started the round late. So I was worried 'bout time. Now I KNOW your deck is very speedy so I was a bit nevous 'bout that. So seeing as I was drawing dead and you cleverly KO'd my Baltoy I decided to scoop because of time. Maybe I should have played on but I made that decision. Sadly I would have drawn Bebe's:( But it was my risk and it didn't pay off ).

Again Congratz. You teared up the BR's and I now know how good you are and that your one to look out for.

See you at City's man!

Back