Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

alternate Garchomp (HP-MD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revdjweb

with the imminent release of majestic dawn i thought i would revive this older decklist, with just some minor changes

4-2-3-1 Garchomp lvl X
1 Flygon EX df
1 kabutops md
1-1 Alakazam
4 Sableye cg
1 Unown G
19 total pokemon

4 rare candy
4 crystal beach (or lake boundary)
4 bebe's search
4 holon mentor
4 felicity's drawing
1 steven's advice (or copycat)
1 tsd
1 warp point
2 premier ball
25 total trainers

5 psychic energy
3 water
4 fighting
2 lightning
2 grass
1 basic dark
16 basic energy

strategy:
disableye starter, excavating and discarding anything useful for rebirth. continue to load discard pile with supporter play, establish alakazam for additional discard or to intimidate your opponent into not using any powers. rebirth flygon ex or kabutops as appropriate, attach unown g (if possible) and begin clobbering. in any case a deck like this should regularly hammer GG (i think).

Last edited:
I really like it, but why NM? You need those Discarded Energys and Pokémons! And may be 4-2-2/2 Garchomp/Lv. X ,that I will use ;) IMO Rebirth is "the thing" you will be using alot. And may be Warp Points instead of Switch!

Try TSD instead of NM.
This helps to get your 1 timers back quick and you can always discard them again if you play a Felicity's or something.

edited
i had NM because i was afraid that too much might wind up in the discard pile and i am concerned about running only the one unown g and recycling it. i think this deck might need a second unown for late game gg matchups.

i will stick with 3-1 garchomp because garchomp is still a terrific fighter when it has the right energy or for the mirror match

If you are doubting between Crystal Beach and Lake Boundary, you might want to remove 2 Crystal Beach and put in 2 Lake Boundary.

i know but something like that will be specific to the ever evolving metagame, something i cannot predict this far out. i expect when decks like this first come out that crystal beach will be the play (since DRE is as popular as can be) but as they force GG out a bit and the mirror match becomes more likely and dangerous, then i'd consider switching to lake boundary.

I'd probably go a 3-2-2-2 on Garchomp lv.X or if you want to play risky, a 2-1-2-2. Unless you want to start with Gible a lot. I think there could be a lot of different choices for this deck. One stage 2 I'd definitely run would be a 1-0-1 line of Gardy SW. If you don't get around to rare candying it, you can just rebirth it. Maybe even a Gallade for a early OHKO. A dusknoir might not be a bad idea, neither would an Empoleon. Of course Typhlosion would be a neat way to recycle energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back