Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Alternative for Azelf LA? (Rotom UD)

pokemandan

Let's face it, Azelf LA is hard to get :)
So I've been looking for an alternative to it and all I can think of is Rotom UD.
Yes, I know you have to pick at random and you wont know what it is until your next turn or if you use draw power (such as Uxie) but it's the best I can find at the moment.

And in a deck that runs :lightning: energy, its attack really isn't too bad :)

What does anyone else think?

Thanks

Reference for Rotom UD:
http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=50610

Last edited:
I could see it working in decks that run Slowking HS x2. You should always use the first one for your opponent, but if you have another you could choose 1 to be your prize.

This is an "alternative" to azelf, though a very poor one comparitively. You don't know what card you're prizing (unless you use slowking HS as Ayame stated before me) and you don't know what card you're putting on top of your deck unless you azelf'd or alph lithographed.

This guy won't even see play when azelf leaves.

This came out in Clash of the Summit:

Alph Lithograph
Trainer

Look at all all of your face-down Prize cards, then return them to the face-down position!

^That, Rotom, and Slowking would essentially allow for an Azelf every turn. :) Me like. Shame it's the secret rare, though.

Sounds good haha :)

Shame there really isn't another alternative to it. Its hard to get one atm.

Might look at the research tower to see if there is any kind of prize alteration powers/cards. Probably wasting my time though ;)

Even so, it's going to be difficult for as many people who will want that card to GET that card. Especially after next year's rotation when Azelf will be gone.

Thats true. When Azelf gets rotated, everyone will pick up on this and want one. With them being hard to get already, the price is going to rocket..

Even so, it's going to be difficult for as many people who will want that card to GET that card. Especially after next year's rotation when Azelf will be gone.
Azlef is $10+ currently. All the Alph Lithograph are currently $6-$8. It won't be that hard, it could be pricey, but it won't be hard.

Alph Litographs priced at 6-8 bucks makes sense. They're crazily rare BUT they're pretty junky.
However, compare the price of Alph Litograph to that of, oh, Luxray GL LVX who is about equal in pull rate...

Alph Litographs priced at 6-8 bucks makes sense. They're crazily rare BUT they're pretty junky.
However, compare the price of Alph Litograph to that of, oh, Luxray GL LVX who is about equal in pull rate...
You're really going to estimate that the Azelf Litograph is going to have the price of Luxray?

^This.

Consider Azelf. Most cards in the same set of the same rarity are worth ~$1, pixies excluded. That's a 1000% increase. You take a $6-8 card rarity and give it that increase, we're back in Luxray territory.

Anyway. Rotom has some promise, but unless you have a way to look at the top card of your deck he's useless, at least until Azelf rotates.

^This.

Consider Azelf. Most cards in the same set of the same rarity are worth ~$1, pixies excluded. That's a 1000% increase. You take a $6-8 card rarity and give it that increase, we're back in Luxray territory.

Anyway. Rotom has some promise, but unless you have a way to look at the top card of your deck he's useless, at least until Azelf rotates.
Oh so that works the same for all rarities and demand of cards? 1000% increase? 10x auto? Even though Flygon X or any other X in demand barely got to the price of 40. And the other's were typically around 10. (Hmm, what happened to that 1000% increase?) Luxray is a ridiculous exception, he's warping the format. All top tier decks ran him, he won worlds. None of those things are even remotely comparable to the sub par time walk this trainer presents. Not to mention, it's a trainer, and there's already plenty of hype about vileplume and spiritomb. The market will ever want this litograph as much as luxray, and the trainer will be lucky to hit 25, and most certainly won't stay there.

It's not a universal rule, the cards have similar effects. Therefore, the demand should be similar. If there were a Level X that had a similar effect that was the only way of looking the prizes in a format, then I'd expect it to go for Luxray range.

(Luxray and Uxie are now pretty close value-wise, so you can't say Luxray is a ridiculous exception all by itself.)

It's not a universal rule, the cards have similar effects. Therefore, the demand should be similar. If there were a Level X that had a similar effect that was the only way of looking the prizes in a format, then I'd expect it to go for Luxray range.

(Luxray and Uxie are now pretty close value-wise, so you can't say Luxray is a ridiculous exception all by itself.)

When azelf is out, the good lithograph is in, outclassing rotom in yet another format.

Luxray is an X that spikes at $80+ during nats and worlds. Uxie is a non foil rare made into a league card...

(I meant Uxie X....)

The Lithograph doesn't allow you to pull any out, though. It's a great card to run with Rotom. The two serve different fuction, but work together.

Back