Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ambipom/Weavile stuff

Barkjon

Hey guys.

Starting out in the HGSS-on season was difficult for me. I had no idea what deck I wanted to play, because I primarily played lock decks. When I heard about Pom/Weavile/Slowking, I immediately adopted it and started playing it. I became pretty good at the deck, but I'm wondering - is it still worth playing it?

I generally play the deck with Cinno in there as my heavy hitter, but I'm considering tossing in either Donaphan, Yanmega, or both as other heavy hitters. I will most likely be playing 1-1 of either (or of both). Anyways, I'm wondering what you guys think of it.

I know the deck itself is good, because lock is generally good. However, Donphan runs through me - the primary reason I want to play Yanmega. I want to play Donphan to improve my MU's against the many people that play fighting weak pokes.

I'm asking because they cost quite a bit. So, what do you guys think?

LMK.

This deck is awesome to play, but often it doesn't work. Its kinda gimmicky, and won't work out as well with catcher bringing up Slowkings. People are also going start running more draw cards to bring out their catchers, and so the deck really isn't going to work out as well.

I'd say that the deck to run thats similar to that and is still relatively cheap would be Donphan Cincinno Weavile. Your Pokemon lineup might be.

4-4 Donphan Prime
3-3 Cincinno BW (Use the new EP mincinno)
2-2 Weavile UD
1 Boufallant
1 Smeargle

^
What I'm considering is playing Cinno/Zoroark/Pom/Weavile. KInda the same thing, but no Slowking and more damage focused, possibly with 1-1 Phan in there. 4-4 Cinno, 1-1, Zoroark, 1-1 Pom, 3-3 Weavile. And some Cacthers.

No cinncino... Play Donphan. I have a fair amount of experience with this deck and it is much better. Everything in the deck is super frail so having donphan is very helpful. Donphan + catcher + disrupt may work in this format. And yanmega is bad in this deck.

Zoroark is really the only tech you need in my opinion. Considering your problem is damage output and your opponents have to take advantage of it by maximizing prizes taken before you establish the lock, you can often just drop a Zoroark, kill whatever threats they have powered, and just maintain the lock from there.

^
I actually play both Umbreon and Zoroark as techs. I've noticed that Umbreon helps a lot against Yanmega - they have to resort to sniping, and I can easily seeker up and heal.

Back