Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ampharos Tech

sneaselsrevenge

I was looking at a few scans and found a counter to Amphy EX's power: Pokemon Park

Pokemon Park:
Once during each of his or her turns, whenever a player attaches an energy card from his or her hand to 1 of his or her benched pokemon, he or she removes 1 damage counter, if any, to that Pokemon.

As long as you put the energy on while on the bench, you can basically negate the 10 damage from Amphy's Poke-Power.

There's a really confusing ruling on that, I think it has been posted already.I believe the thread was called "Conductivity Vs. Pokemon Park?"

Amphys power always worked first, so you will have at least 10 damage no matter how much energy is attatched- whether it be 1 energy, 2 energy, or 6 energy.

I don't quite understand the ruling. Proper logic dictates that first Amphy's effect happens, putting damage onto the Pokemon, then PokePark's effect happens, removing that damage. I'm confused here. Enlighten me.

Whomever owns the stadium gets the effect first basically.

If you are playing against Amphy EX, and you own the PokePark, when you attach an energy to a benched Pokemon, you get your effect first, removing a damage counter, then your opponents effects (Amphy EXs power) adds a damage counter.

If you are playing against an Amphy EX, and for whatever bizarre reason also lays out a PokePark Stadium, then since the opponent controls both cards, he gets to choose which goes first.

You can find simular rulings like Rainbow Vs PokePark, and Slowking vs Chaos Gym (now that was confusing!.!.!.!)

I highly doubt people will put a gym in their deck to aid their opponent just for one deck. Remember, even against a ampharos EX deck, you aren't taking damage, and they are gaining 10 health everytime they lay an energy.

Pokemon Park is fairly nice for Gardevoir decks, provided you a)use Psyshadow on a benched Pokemon and then b)attach an energy normally to that pokemon. Note-you have to use that order, since Psyshadow won't trigger park.

Back