Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

AMU - BR Winner Looking for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeFreakNikki

Hi y'all. ^^

I won my first Battle Roads today with this deck; however, I do feel it has room for improvement. Considering I can't go to the BR next week, and there will be league, I hope to try out any changes next week. I will consider cards (trainers included) from Stormfront (or Intense Fight in the Destroyed Sky in Japan) for Cities, but please post the translations for me? Thanks!

Pokemon:

2 Azelf (LA)
2 Azelf Lv. X
2 Uxie (LA)
2 Uxie Lv. X
2 Mesprit (MT)
2 Mesprit Lv. X

Trainers:

4 Switch
3 Snowpoint Temple
3 Pokédex HANDY910is
4 Premier Ball
3 Dusk Ball
4 Warp Point
4 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne’s Research
2 Bebe’s Search
2 Poké Radar
1 Victory Medal (I don’t know if this is legal--if not, +1 Poke Radar.)

Energy:

15 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

Trainers:

I don't plan on playing a lot of Supporters. I prefer to keep it simple and quick--so I play a bunch of trainers for chaining. If I can go first, I can get a lot more cards through playing 5 trainers than 1 Supporter and 2-3 trainers.

Pokemon:

I decided against MT Azelf because of the attack. I never really liked it, and the power doesn't help much unless they're down to basics or it's the first turn. Either way, never saw the sense in it.

As for MT Uxie, I almost played it. I thought that 30+sleep would be great while Zen Blade was disabled. However, I never bothered with it. I was comfortable with LA Uxie.

I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable playing one Lv. X, no matter which deck I play. It's a little rule of mine, just like I used to religiously follow the 20/20/20 thing. I refuse to play only 1--it's just not enough for me.

I am very unhappy with how many basic I run right now, so it would be nice to get some help with that. I've considered running 2/2 Claydol, but I'm worried it'll end up being more of a problem than anything else, especially if it's active and I can't get a Switch/Warp Point.

Attacking:

My main strategy was to whittle most down with Uxie/Azelf (depending on how many energy are in play), and use Supreme Blast when something with more HP comes out (such as Magmortar, Infernape, etc). If possible, I also like to build back-ups in case one of my pixies gets knocked out. Two or three times, I've gone so far as getting all 6 out and leveled up.

---

Sooo. Yeah, that's about it. All suggestions are welcome, although I'd prefer using one type, if at all possible. Thanks for looking and reading, and big thanks if you suggest something. :smile:

~Nikki :psychic:

- 1 mesprit and azelf lv.x
+ 1 azelf MT and 1 mesprit LA. I would also say - 1 more Mt mesprit and add in a second la one but thats just me. I like the power lock.

Also Play 4 call energy.

obviously you guys(Machampion and Blaziken) don't know how AMU works.

It has 2 Lv.X's of each because of CONSISTENCY, without 2 of each you have to play too many night maintenance and crap like that, but yes, Rashad and and Revostara, those suggestions aren't too bad, Mewtwo is mirror match-counter, and Mightyena is Mewtwo counter(Resists Psychic)

Because AMU doesn't need call it plays enough basics and Roseanne's that you get them out fast enough, and the deck doesn't work without the MT Mesprit, trust me, I took 1st place at my BR with a build kind of like this but I played 2-2 Starmie Tech.

this list looks pretty solid but:
-1 Uxie La
-1 Mespirit MT
-2 NM
-2 Switch
-3 Dex
-3 Dusk

+1 Roseanne's
+2 Bebe's
+2 Radar
+1-1 Mewtwo/Mightyena(if you do Mightyena, +2 Multi)
+1 Mespirit LA
+1 Uxie MT
+1 Snowpoint

these changes are almost exactly what my list looks like and I went 5-0 swiss, 2-1 Top cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back