AMU signifcance?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Paperfairy, Aug 16, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Paperfairy

Paperfairy New Member

Could somebody explain why Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf decks are even be considered for competitive play in the upcoming season? The deck requires that three Pokémon reach Level X, and then, requires two energy to deal 200 damage. These two energy are discarded after one use, and it requires two turns in order to deal this damage again, keeping in mind that Mesprit only has 90 HP...

Am I missing something?

2. flariados

flariados New Member

premier ball makes it really fast and snowpoint temple gives it more HP and they can deal a lot of damage.

3. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Snowpoint Temple gives your Pixies 110 HP
    Azelf Lv.X gives them no weakness
    If you are playing Mespirit MT (WHICH YOU SHOULD!) you have free retreat
    Uxie/Lv.X is good for set up
    T2 200

and THAT'S why it is good

4. Paperfairy

Paperfairy New Member

Thank you for clearing that all up.

5. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

bronzong, which will be everywhere as an anti claydol tech, will hurt AMU bad
    the no weakness free retreat thing sounds like another underachieving deck. eeveelutions.

6. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Bronzong is hardly a big threat to AMU. lol

7. Time for Pain

Time for Pain <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

how his body hits all of them and it spreads more. if you bring up mesprit to heal ,since it doesn't heal itself, it will get KO'd easy and then bronzong spreads more.

8. flariados

flariados New Member

You could play Breloom as a tech against AMU if they all have free retreat.

9. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Good job attaching 3 energy for a kill while they get completely set up. You kill a pixie, that might KO you back. Look, youn wasted so many turns.

10. blazekid

blazekid New Member

people need to remember that pokemon with no energy acceleration and require three energies aren't good techs in the new format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are no energies that provide two or more any more

11. flariados

flariados New Member

Just an idea.. (bla for 17 characters)

12. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

I doubt it will be a full bronzong line. It's only used as a tech, and they have weakness.

13. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Yea like Leafeon Lv.X is a bad card or deck.Wrong

14. getlikeme23

getlikeme23 New Member

If you went to worlds you would know that the statement you just made was a lie. The bronzong decks I have seen play the pixies were DP - ON . I especially saw a Bronzong Frolass deck tare the pixies apart, and the pixies were losing to alot of other good DP - ON decks that and the pixie decks were made by good players. Most of the japenese players were trading all of there pixies . The only cards they wouldn't trade was Shaymin Lv. X.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  15. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

^...Who had an AMU deck at Worlds? I didn't see a single one in open play. Even then, the Japanese are one set ahead of us, remember. The deck was definately something special before IFDS, it won tournaments. IFDS just phases it out I guess.

16. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

No, I bet AMU was pretty good because of Holon Engine, which Japan was able to play with. Now that it's rotating out, they all know it's not worth it to play the deck.

What's sad is that it's easier to get the Lv X stuff for this deck than it is to get Cynthia's Feelings, which is actually good... :((((((

17. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Pixies is a more expensive Lunasol deck.

18. getlikeme23

getlikeme23 New Member

During open play there alot during open play and alot being beatin'. The deck won like a BR's or two, but most definantly wasn't an archtype. It is more like one of those decks like Beedrill a it had a unexpected win or two and that's it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  19. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Keep in mind Japan has IFDS, and AMU probably wont do to well once that set is out. Dp-LA format it does very well.

20. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Yes it does.

But drop a Milotic GE active and you've got just some expensive pieces of paper.