Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

And That's My Cue...

eI_at10s

I believe that my time with Pokemon is up.
It's becoming too much of a hassle.

Today, I had the dumbest argument with my father.
It stemmed from me asking him about a program on the mac, and it went so far as to include Pokemon cards.
He does it every time, and it makes sence every time.
I'm getting too tired of him holding my only hobby over my head.
That combined with the fact all of my family is kinda on edge every time I go to an event.
So, I'm gonna stop buying cards.

I haven't been winning anything, either, so it'll come to a stop soon.
I'll continue to play until my current decks wear out, until what I have leftover is completely rotated or dead.
I'll still go to California States, and Regionals as well, but I don't think I'll be playing much past worlds.
And definitely no more prereleases.
It turns out that after a bit of thinking, I've been compromising everything else for my ONLY hobby, and apparently, in my family, having a hobby is ungodly.
No one that I have any relation to even considers me continuing.
I'll be getting a job soon, and that'll completely eat up my time, as well as my future year as a Junior in high school.
I might be getting into different things.
I was thinking that I might be able to pursue a career in art or something, much to the influence of MHZ.
Like photography, directing, picture editing, drawing, and music.
I'm still expiramenting, and I guess I'm just into too many other things besides Pokemon.
I'm still looking for what I'm really good at.
Maybe Pokemon is a phase, and maybe it's something I HAVE to get through in life to know how and when to move on.

I'll be missing all the friends I made in Pokemon.
I don't even think I'll be signing in as eI_at10s on the pokegym anymore.
I might be coming back, maybe at like 19, if Pokemon still exists.

The main reason I'm posting is more of a "head's up."
So now, to get ahead in whatever other fields, I'll be selling cards.
I don't even care for how much, just buy them from me before I cash them all in at the swap meet.

So Farewell.
Jesse E, Chrisbo, Mark, Stephanie, and Jade D, Jeff and Matt D, Randy and Robben H, Jake, Timm, John s, Jon S, Lynette and Micheal H, Mary and Chris G, Alex W, Jason C, Tommy and Danny N, Peter N, Marshall C, Jim, Chung L, Brian and Tyler F, Paul and John J, Travis and Nathaniel D.

Last edited:
Do As Infinity Ftw!

no offence to your old man, but he should get the HECK and out let you play. who cares if youre winning or not. if youre enjoying yourself, go nuts! If you decide to leave (May god forbid :( ) may you have the best of best luck with your future in Art!

Abbreviations for words not allowed is also not allowed.

Last edited:
Pokemon is life! What's this calling it a hobby??

If you decide to go down that dark, pokemonless world, then I hope you will find happiness somewhere. Best of luck to you, even though I don't know you.

P.S.
Many really good players have very little to show in actually winning tournaments. I wouldn't use that as a reason to quit, or a symbol of your abilities. Especially since it is more about having a great time. Also, ALL the Masters division people have to deal with some combination of Pokemon, family, work and school. Pokemon is where I can forget about all the things going on in my life, and be a ten year old again without anyone judging me. "Hm, Eeeeeeek!". If I haven't been able to convince you to reconsider, then may I wish you the best of luck in your future en devours.

Sincerely,
~Carlos

Many really good players have very little to show in actually winning tournaments.
I must be the best player on Earth.
I wouldn't use that as a reason to quit, or a symbol of your abilities.
Meh.
Well, it's that combine with the fact that Pokemon is far too competitive for me to be keeping up with;
The fact that I am not being supported (in funds or morale) in playing Pokemon;
The fact that I am finding other things that I have interest in;
And the fact that I realized I am spending more time doing Pokemon than reading the Bible.
There's something wrong with that last statement, and when I realized it, I was so ashamed.

Well, really, I can percieve that my only regret will be leaving my friends.
I think they were the only real reason why I stayed.

i wish you luck with the rest of your life, if you do indeed decide to quit
and remember, the pokemon world is always open if you ever want to play again

remind me to smack you on saturday elatios, remember how i feel right now, but i still am having fun with my friends, and i know you would too. also, i have a job also, and i cant afford cards. but i manage to get along. See me at CA states, ill knock some sence in you.

But really, if this is what you decide, may good forutune follow you whever you go!

I wouldnt quit. Despite what your family says. It's a hobby you can juggle that with school work/job. Thats what I do with my hobbies of playing warhammer and other cardgames. Dont forget pokemon also offers scholarships sure you have to be a decent player to get them, but it's still something to try and get! You just have to find the balance between what you do.

People who quit always come back I know ive done it at least 4 times since the release of base set >_> Except this time it will be easier since i'll have peeps to play against woot go AZ =)

Yes, DFB, I would love to remind you to smack me.

That reminds me...
I'm not that excited about states as I was last week.

Well, I guess you would call it quitting...
I was thinking of it more of a hiatus.
Y'know, sorta like how I saw MHZ at league a few months ago.
Just a nice break where I can catch up on everything else.

I must be the best player on Earth.
Meh.
Well, it's that combine with the fact that Pokemon is far too competitive for me to be keeping up with;
The fact that I am not being supported (in funds or morale) in playing Pokemon;
The fact that I am finding other things that I have interest in;
And the fact that I realized I am spending more time doing Pokemon than reading the Bible.
There's something wrong with that last statement, and when I realized it, I was so ashamed

Well, really, I can percieve that my only regret will be leaving my friends.
I think they were the only real reason why I stayed.

Why should you feel ashamed by that statement?? Unless your job is a preacher, religion teacher or other church elder level position.....what is wrong with doing something else more in a week than reading the Bible? If you have a job, even part time, do you expect to read the Bible 20-40 hrs/week? You probably spend more time eating each week vs reading the Bible....should you eat less then? I'm not saying studying the Bible is a bad thing, far from it. But, there are other things in life to do too, and you have chosen/allowed Pokemon to be one of those things. Dont quit just bc you feel ashamed. I hope you continue to play, IF you want too. Dont quit bc someone else is making you.

Keith

Pokemon is life! What's this calling it a hobby??

If you decide to go down that dark, pokemonless world, then I hope you will find happiness somewhere. Best of luck to you, even though I don't know you.

And that's why Pokemon will be waiting when you have time to come back to it. Fans like Flareon, myself and thousands of others will not let the game die. So I won't say GL and good bye but I will say see you later, and good luck with the rest of your life. Pokemon will be here when you can get back to it.:thumb:

I'm never quitting. People do come back. Those who stop playing for good will never be seen or heard from again.

-Peter

i might quit after i enlist in the marines
i probably wont, but if i get put in iraq, there goes the game for 5 years

I had no idea you had this thread up - WOW!!! sorry to hear of this and whatever you choose to do, GOODLUCK!!!

Jess_E, OUT!!! :thumb:

...is that why you snapped all those photos at STATES??? :wink:

I'm going to second Lawman's sentiments.

Why on Earth should you be "ashamed" of spending more time with cards than reading the bible?

Religion in and of itself is not a bad thing, but what's so important about bible studies that it must eclipse everything else you do?

Religion is not a bad thing, but taking things to excess is... and religious zealotry can lead one astray far more powerfully than most other pasttimes.

Don't get so absorbed that you feel everything else needs to go.

Back