Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ang's 3rd place Warwick BattleRoad!!

ashinto

I woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...nah, I just wanted to quote a Beatles song. I woke up early though for no absolute reason, played some HG, ate, did chores, showered and got my deck (AMUplox). I left around 10 AM for the tourny at Veteran's Gaming in Warwick, RI, wanting to do well because this is going to be my last tourniment in the senior division.

I get there, give Adam back his SP stuffz and fill out my list since I was to lazy to do that the night before (I was watching my phillies get murdered...) and Jon gets me a Shiny Duskull to borrow for the day. Pairings are soon up. There are 9 seniors with four rounds and a t2.

Round 1: Ang (Plox) v. David R. (Donphan Prime/Manetric/Mesprit)
This game is a good one. I start with a ralts and a baltoy, and he starts with an electrike. He goes first and doesn't put the mesprit down to lock me which would've gave him such an advantage. I do some crap and get a t2 gallade to his belted donphan prime. I use sonic blade to put him at 50 while he sets up another belted donphan and attacks with it. I sonic blade that donphan as he sends up his first one. After 3 scoop ups, he finally gets heads and picks up his benched donphan. Me being the idoit I am, I forgot to attach an energy for the psychic cut so his donphan lives. I KO it next turn with me taking 2 prizes and him taking 4 from reversal/warp point. I then warp point to a garde, duskull candy dusknoir darkpalm his donphan and psychic lock for the knock out making me 1 prize behind. The next turn he can't get the donphan as I get a prize to tie it. David gets the donphan but can't retreat out of it (IDK why??) and makes him bench at four so I just dark palm it away to get the last prize. He's able to play around the dark palm and get a belted donphan w/ 2 energy on it though time is called and even if he did get the knock out to tie it, I would've just knocked him out the next turn. GG David and it was nice ta meet 'cha.
1-0

Round 2: Ang (Plox) v. Kevin C. (Box of Fail, InfernChomp)
Ugh....this game was bad by t1. He goes first, calls for a garchomp c and a sableye, him already having 2 infernape 4 out. I go for the downer lock which seeminly doesn't work when you have your MT azelf prized. I wasn't sure if he had a spray in his hand though you always have to play like they do have one when they are in power spray position. I do some stuff to try to trick him though he doesn't fall for it and sprays my time walk azelf. My bench is now full of crap and he just owns me completely.
1-1

Since there is no lunch break, I down a coke and 4 pieces of pizza to make sure I don't get hungry during a round.

Round 3: Ang (Plox) v. Duncan H. (Infinity, Gengar SF)
Basically this is my worst matchup and I am prepared to loose. Instead, I get a 2 garde's, an azelf x, and a claydol by t4 w/ one garde charged up and the other one w/ a DCE on it. He draws crap getting locked by my psychic locks, psychic binds, and just the fact that he didn't have a supporter or trainer all game so he scoops. Sorry you had to do this kid.
2-1

So I know that if I want to make cut, I need Kevin to win and I have to win next round. I get some more pizza (4 party pizza piece for 1 dollar=epic win!!) and go on to round 4.

Round 4: Ang (Plox) v. TT Tommy (Dusknoir)
I learnt he was playing dusknoir the hard way. I drew into crap and he just dark palmed whatever I needed. I don't even think I took a prize...
2-2

So I'm unsure if I'll get t4 for prizes. Surprisingly, I get 3rd, with the top being TT and Kevin, Kevin winning in 2 games. I watched PokeDaddy use his pro ERL deck which surprisingly works well, play me some HGSS, have another game against David, who came in 4th, and looked at Toni's cards. Overall a fun time.

Props:
3rd place
Dusknoir
Jon for getting me the shiny duskull
My little bro for letting me use his deck since he wasn't going
Tony for giving me his spare sneasel card from Revived Legends
Jordain, Tommy, Duncan, Griffin, Henry, Nathaniel, Noah Kevin, Adam, and David for being amazing peeps and the best of friends.
Adam for letting me use his cards (this is a while ago, I just never gave him props for it...)
Brian and Arriane, you two are amazing judges along with Mr. Arena

Slops:
Pulling crap in my 1 packs
prizing azelf MT vs. SP
getting dark palm'd
1 place off top...again...
This is my last senior tourny ever...
Adam for getting last
Duncan and Nathaniel dropping
Aylam and Marky not being there

I'll be in Master's next year too. : P We had a great game first round, Even if I did keep misplaying. But you gotta keep topdecking them donphans to keep the game going. XD

Back