Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anime is sooooooo unreal; Horrible truth No.1

Take Pokemon for instance, as this is the Pokegym. It is well known by fans of the series, that beams of anything e.g. fire crashing into each other will cause an explosion (Yes, even fire and water). But that is not my point. In the thousands of anime episodes ash has featured in, there is at least half an explosion (thanks nerds) in a pokemon battle he takes part in. So taking this into consideration, the army discovered that the shock waves created by an explosion, (if you are standing too close) can permanently damage your brain. If there is half an explosion every episode, then theoretically Ash should be in a state of insanity worse than many others. Team Rocket, however have been closer or even inside as many (or even more) explosions as Ash, but we can't go on this; they were insane already.

NOTE: I LIKE THE POKEMON ANIME, AND THE STATISTICS IN THIS POST ARE CHANGING OVER TIME

of course Anime is unreal. so is many other TV shows and movies we watch and enjoy. You see people in movies all the time caught in explosions (far greater than they would actually be in real life, as Mythbusters has demonstrated on numerous occasions) and just walked out heroically unscathed.

Let me share a keyword with you, that will enable you to enjoy things much better: Suspension of Disbelief

I gotta agree, Anime being unrealistic isn't so much a "horrible truth", as it is an accepted fact.
In fact, I think most people watch shows and movies as entertainment. And there's not too much point if everything is 100% realistic and/or factual. However, there are some good anime shows that do have a high amount of realism, although some unrealistic aspects will be somewhat present in almost every show and movie.

Oh yes, and so I don't forget to add to the Pokemon analogy. If we're purely talking realism, shouldn't Ash be in his late 20s or early 30s by now?

Just my two cents.

Yeah, and they go around and catch rather large creatures in those rather small balls. I mean how do they fit inside them? Have you read the stats on some of the Pokemon, some are actually bigger than an Elephant, or Whale...

Yeah, it's all about just "going with the flow". Heck if even a tiny bit of stuff in anime was real, we probably would not be alive...

Successful troll is successful. :rolleyes:

That being said. . .
In the Pokemon universe, it could easily be argued that maybe it isn't the element in the attack exploding, but it is instead the energy of the two pokemon reacting violently upon contact with one another.
Opposing forces of energy, neither one overpowered by the other. . . maybe a violent explosion isn't so crazy when you think of it as the energy instead of the element.

As far as the study by the army, the intensity of the explosion is also a huge factor in the psychological effects, but not everybody goes insane from being around explosions (if that were true, I'd have gone insane years ago).

In the thousands of anime episodes ash has featured in, there is at least half an explosion (thanks nerds) in a pokemon battle he takes part in.
I think the number of episodes may be slightly exaggerated (especially considering how you pluralized it).
Also, I kind of doubt that, "half an explosion" would have enough force to drive somebody insane.

Just to wrap this up nice and neat, I'll point out that since the explosions are (more often than not) used to launch team rocket into the sky and Ash isn't even knocked down by the force, it would stand to reason that he would indeed be standing a sufficient distance away from the blast to avoid suffering any mental injuries.

do you know whats also unreal, about 50% of all fiction and pretty much everything on american television. if people believe that anime is realistic, i suggest going to go check into a mental hospital

I have a pet yellow rat that can shoot 10,000 volts of electrictiy in my room.

I think Pokemon is pretty accurate.

What're you talking about, everyone knows Ash lost his sanity long ago when the first season ended. Team Rocket, well they lost theirs about halfway through season 1, or maybe it started even sooner when they started their obsession with catching Pikachu.

...yeah, you can tell I'm not much of a fan past season 1 can't you? XD

What're you talking about, everyone knows Ash lost his sanity long ago when the first season ended. Team Rocket, well they lost theirs about halfway through season 1, or maybe it started even sooner when they started their obsession with catching Pikachu.

...yeah, you can tell I'm not much of a fan past season 1 can't you? XD
Hey Man, get off Ash's back. Let's see how many times you can handle getting shocked by a mouse that can shoot electricity from its cheeks before you lose YOUR sanity.

I watch the Pokemon anime and choose NOT to accept it for what it is....

So where do I fall?

being a absol trainer 1 :lol:

on topic :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::lol::lol:um y do we care if its unreal and shoudnt it be givein when you consider the fact that pokemon are made up fictional charectors as is the case with all anime right?

Back