Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Another black and white card idea

DoomScizor

I really love this card. In a HgSs format, I think this could see some play, when combined with Roserade UL and celbi Prime if I need to attach energys. I believe the first attack has some promise. And the best part, it evolves, but there isn't memory berry in HgSs format, =\ Anyone? Opinions?

Hoiiga – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Fushide

[P] Venom Shock: 10 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is Poisoned, this attack does an additional 60 damage.
[C][C][C] Hard Roller: 40 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Isn't that the guy that evolves into Pendoora?
Hmm, 70 damage for 1 seems pretty awesome. Roserade right now seems its only partner in the RR-On format (Cuz we're probably getting that, its either that or HGSS on), but indeed does the lack of memory berry hurt.
What hurts more, however, is the lack of solid energy acceleration. After this thing does 70 damage, one can retreat out of it and smack it about with a new poke. You then cannot charge your next Hoiiga, you HAVE to drop energy on Roserade. Celebi Prime only gets you so far, especially once Qnown leaves the format.

Back