Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

another flygon variation, Flygon and Kingdra: Wondrous Whirlpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

marq_darkrai

this idea has just come to me, what if i could create a deck that was constantly on the offensive?
a deck that could attack hard no matter what?
a bunch of pokemon that assisted each other in attacking and worked together to win matches?
well, i THINK i have the solution: Flydra...or, maybe Kingdon...or whatever, lol
Flygon decks seem to take some time to set up, but what if you add a known donker to a big hitter?

The List

Pokemon
3-1-3-1 Flygon line
4-2-4 Kingdra line
2-1 Floatzel GL LV X
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G

Total pokemon:27

2 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Broken Time Space
2 Quick Ball
2 Felicity's Drawing

Total Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums:19

10 Water Energy
2 Call Energy
2 Upper Energy

Total Energy's: 14​
Strategy:
Everything, literally Everything attacks. This is an interesting mix of a cool sniper and a scary, feared donker.

Flygon and Family

Flygon is AMAZING. It is an incredible attacked, especially with many evolved pokemon on the bench. you can see that i only play 3 trapinch instead of 4, and that is to lessen the chances of me pulling a trapinch. Horsea is the card that should start, though a Floatzel G would be nice too. Anyway, Flygon is to take down any annoying LV Xs, maybe Dialga/Palkia G LV X, or a Draw Engine such as Uxie LV X. This is a perfect attacker. But what really got my attention was Wind Erosion, Flygon LV X's :ppowr:. This could actually cut a deck short and do something that rarely happens: make your opponent run out of cards and lose the game by being unable to draw at the beginning of his turn. a big LOL in these modern times.

Kingdra and Family

Kingdra is the speedy donker and the early attacked in this deck. while you charge up more kingdras and Flygon LV X, you can stall them as well as take them down with Kingdra. Horsea is a good start, and a quick energy and candy can see it do some good damage in turn 1. Just in case a Candy is unavailable, you could use BTS to speed up evolution. Kingdra can get some quick damage done early on and with a swarmed game you could actually take your opponent down without using flygon!(unless he runs out of cards first, heehee)

Floatzel GL LG X and Family

Floatzel GL LV X is yet another attacker, though i would not recommend using it to attack. Starting with Floatzel GL can provide a good set up with incite. but the real beauty is recycling Kingdras over and over again. the kingdra just pops back into you hand, quite useful in some situations. Energy Cyclone can deal some average damage, but at the expense of having your energies shuffled into your deck. if only it said to discard them, it'd be a real great assistance to kingdra, but, o well

Claydol and Family

Claydol is a super draw engine. i use him over Uxie because he is much better at refreshing your hand as well as adding to Power swing, unlike Uxie as shes a basic. well, no surprise here, i play 2 'dols cuz its sooooo awesome to play 2 Cosmic Powers in one turn...

Unown G and Unown G

These boys are here just to protect Claydols...full stop[.]

All the Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums

Bebe's Search is the awesomest card to have in this deck. just cram a card into your deck and pop out whatever you want. Luxury Ball is great cuz you can use it without using up your supporter in your turn but with the drawback of being unable to get Pokemon LV Xs. but Premier Balls make up for it and you can even pull Xs out of the discard pile. this covers the Flygon which Floatzel cant pull back from the dead.

Felicity's Drawing gets your energies into the discard pile, so you can hit a massively damaging Aqua Stream. Quick Balls are added for speed(a little ironic) and can actually save games.

Conclusion

Flygon is without a doubt extremely flexible and this is but one variation. even though this is an oddball deck, it seems okay. Matchups will come soon in unmerged posts later on. in the meanwhile, please leave a comment
and give me any
feedback

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
_
\/

Pokemon
3-1-3-1 Flygon line
4-2-4 Kingdra line
2-2 Claydol
1 Unown G

Total pokemon:23

1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
3 Broken Time Space
2 Felicity's Drawing
4 SSU

Total Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums:20

10 Water Energy
4 Call Energy

Total Energy's: 14

That list looks much more consistent and less clunky. the extra BTS will help you get more evolutions for power swing. and the +2 Calls will help you get out of bad starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back