Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Another Nido deck; simple, but is it effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon:
4-2-2/2 Nidoqueen (DF/MT)
4-2-4 Nidoking (SW)
2 Unown G (GE)
1 Absol ex (PK)
1 Skarmory ex (PK)
4 Pachirisu (GE)

i might swap 1 queen for the delta. sersh you deck for evolutions that way. you can drop the scotts and stones for draw power. i would sugest oaks visit, stevens, and pokedex. with a little more draw you can get energys quicker. i might say 4-3-4 king as you might prize one of your candys.

if you make 2 of your queen the delta ones then why not add 2 moonlight stadeom for the free retrete? throw in a speed stadeom for mor draw and laugh when your opponint cant flip heads lol

try a cuple unknown G's for the tool affect to shut down the galade/gardever's effects of attacks.

You really need more energy.

-4 Mr. Stone's Project
-2 Scott
-2 Windstorm (you have Pachi)
-1 Night Maintenance
-1 Nidoqueen
+6 Psychic Energy
+1 Nidoqueen d
+2 Phoebe's Stadium
+1 Lake Boundary

My thoughts on the suggestions given so far:

It might be worth putting in a few Unown G, yeah. I certainly don't want my Queens to lose their Pokebody.

I don't get why KaMewie suggested putting in an Absol ex and a Skarmory ex. I'm not saying it's a bad idea; I'm just saying I don't see how they help more than the cards already there.

Using a delta Queen could be useful; I'll definitely consider it.

I don't understand why I'd want to replace Scott and Mr. Stone's Project with card-drawing. Both let me get exactly what I want, rather than having to hope that what I want is on the top of the deck already. If there's a good reason, please explain it.

Mrdraz07, you're saying 8 energy isn't going to be enough even with the Queens? I'm hesitant to replace a Mr. Stone's Project or a Scott with a Psychic Energy unless you think I'm going to need more than 8 energy in play at once. Your other suggestions sound good, though.

Any other thoughts?

Having the energy in play is completely different from drawing them when you need them though. Having 8 in the deck is risky because you most likely won't have one in hand in the beginning to CFF. You can't always rely on Queen to reduce your energy costs because there will probably be situations where you just want to set up a King first and go aggro.

Draw is going to be a lot better than your Mr. Stone's/Scott engine. Sure you can search out pretty much everything, but you can't search out some of the most important cards in your deck: Rare Candy and Windstorm. Chances are you will need at least 2 RC and 1 Windstorm per game...and you don't have a way to search them out. By drawing more cards, you are more likely to draw into it because straight draw is the most direct form of deck thinning

I'm looking to build a Nidoran deck for use in Modified format competition, and based on the feedback I've received so far, I've tweaked it as follows. If you can offer advice on how to make it better and close any obvious gaps in its defenses, I'd appreciate it.

Pokemon: 26
4-2-3 Nidoqueen (all MT)
1 Nidoqueen (DF)
4-2-4 Nidoking (all SW)
2 Unown G (GE)
4 Pachirisu (GE)

Trainers: 22
4 Rare Candy (GE)
3 Celio's Network (CG)
3 Roseanne's Research (SW)
2 Scott (PK)
3 Night Maintenance (MT/SW)
2 Phoebe's Stadium (PK)
2 Professor Rowan (SW)
2 Professor Oak's Visit (SW)
1 Windstorm (CG)

Energy: 12
12 :psychic:

The basic idea is simple enough: get as many Nidos out there as possible, use the Queens to reduce attack costs to nearly nothing, and use Nidoking's Pride Attack to ream the opponents. If necessary, a Queen can also use Give Aid. Unown G will protect the Queen's Pokebodies. Pachirisu is in there to get a bunch of Nidos on the bench fast or Smash Short Cessation Crystals. Rare Candies are obvious, while the Windstorm gives extra protection against Cessation Crystals. Phoebe's Stadium helps me get undeveloped Nidos off the front line if I have to start with one. The rest of the cards are there to help me get what I need if it isn't in my hand already.

I'm open to changes, of course, but please be clear on what you want to change and why; I haven't played the TCG in a while, and I wasn't exactly a master when I did. I'm especially interested in further suggestions on the Trainer front; I wasn't able to put in everything that was suggested and still have room for the Unowns and more Psychic cards. Should I change the balance, drop anything, add anything? I could use the advice.

Last edited:
i've wondering if G and G uses psychic-lock and sonic-blade!!
plus u have the most-feared weakness---psychic & fighting!!
this deck are all dead if it faces G&G!!

i've wondering if G and G uses psychic-lock and sonic-blade!!
plus u have the most-feared weakness---psychic & fighting!!
this deck are all dead if it faces G&G!!

Please keep in mind that I am new to the TCG after a looooong absence, so I didn't know what 'G&G' stood for off the top of my head. I have the Unown G to protect against Psychic Lock, but I'm not sure what's so bad about Sonic Blade. As for your 'this deck are all dead' comment, well, if it's not possible for a Nidoran deck to beat this deck, then it isn't possible. If there's a way I can improve it to protect myself, though, feel free to suggest one.

well,G & G stands for gardyvoir and gallade!!
but,plz take note!!most G&G started to play windstorm in order to get rid of your unown G!!
but you can try to hit them with your nidoqueen( MT) bocause they are psychic-type,hoever beware of the weakness!!
they will do sonic-blade,then kill your pkmn without flipping any prizes!!
or, they will send out gardyvoir to hit for your weakness + lock ur nidoqueen (d)!!
they can OHKO your nidoking with gardy because your weakness x2!!
or, the worst is they teched their deck with gardy ex(d) and send it out to imprison all ur queen!!

what you can do:
1. use mawile GE to disrupt ur oppnt's prizes card(if possible)
2. add in 1-0-1 blastoise(d) to prevent weakness!!
3. boost your drawing power because it is not enough if you hav only two!!

when this deck gets set-up, it ROLLS through gardillade. Who Cares if his pokemon are weak to HALF of GG when the ENTIRE GG is weak to his deck. if he were to play LB, something i would highly suggest, he can use Nidoking's pride attack for 120 w/o any heads, 180 w/ 1, 240 w/ 2, etc. if you dont play LB, you can still do more than GG after a few prizes. my thoughts are you should use 3-4 DRE, so that you can come up w/ a Nidoking and Pride attack for 1 attachment assuming you have 2 MT nidoqueens in play. also, 1-2 scrambles.

when this deck gets set-up, it ROLLS through gardillade. Who Cares if his pokemon are weak to HALF of GG when the ENTIRE GG is weak to his deck. if he were to play LB, something i would highly suggest, he can use Nidoking's pride attack for 120 w/o any heads, 180 w/ 1, 240 w/ 2, etc. if you dont play LB, you can still do more than GG after a few prizes. my thoughts are you should use 3-4 DRE, so that you can come up w/ a Nidoking and Pride attack for 1 attachment assuming you have 2 MT nidoqueens in play. also, 1-2 scrambles.

Um, LB is Lake Boundary, I know, but what's DRE?

DRE is double rainbow energy!!!
but you see, u hav to had at least three stage two to perform that kind of attack!!
and four energy!!!
how are u going to charge?
G & G uses two supporters in a single turn!!with one celio's and a roseanne research is enough to set up two stage two in two turns!!
Plus, what if they run furret for extra speed or they hav absol to destroy ur hand?
if u do poison rub,they'll use teleportation to bring back the poisonned pkmn!!
usually, in the starting,you'll only hav ur nidoking perfectly charged, but not ur queen!!If they KO ur king in one turn by using lake boundary, then you'll hav no bench pkmn to attack!(assuming you hav 2 queen in play)
Maybe you can put in the fishing engine for faster set up!!
anyway, try to work it out becoz i'm olso sick of G&G!!
good luck!!

I have the Unown G to protect against Psychic Lock, but I'm not sure what's so bad about Sonic Blade.
Unown G will protect you against Sonic Blade, because placing damage counters is an effect on the defending Pokemon. However, it won't protect you against the secondary part of Psychic Lock, because that is an effect on you, not on your Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back