another (possible format) ruling question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Dek, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Dek

Dek New Member

First of all, I want to say thanks for all the help on my special energy question. Now I have another question. So i'm thinking of using Switch in a deck. The only problem is that I only have one copy from E-Expedition, multiple copies of Switch from Base Set, and no copies from EX: Ruby and Saphire. Now I know that all 3 versions do the same action, but would all 3 versions be allowed in Nintendo's format?

2. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

They should be. WotC had a similar rule and I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do the same.

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

remember only 4 maximum... not four from each set. There is a maximum limit of four of any identically named card, unless either the card states otherwise or they are basic energy cards.

4. FlipsAreCool

FlipsAreCool New Member

Question

LOL :lol: No one will play Pokemon Reversal from R/S any more, the other one is much better ; ) To keep that from happening I think they'll only allow their cards PERIOD. Hopefully not though. I smell an Errata.

Flipping Out
    --FlipsAreCool :lol:

5. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Actually, the rule is new card wording supercedes old card wording, so that's not an issue.

6. XFlare

XFlare New Member

In this case, would we be allowed to use the old Energy Search in a Nintendo only Format?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003
  7. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Well, I don't know about the base/LC energy search, but the fossil/Expedition energy search sure would be legal. ;)

8. Dek

Dek New Member

i dont believe there was an Energy Search for base set.

ok, so im being picky :lol:

thank for all the help

-Arthas Zero