Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

another time of counter stadiums?

light_gengar

I think that people are going to think that building a counter rocklock/dragtrode deck with only battle frontier will be enough, and that only trying to counter such decks with pokemon like MiloEx is too dangerous, so we are going to see a lot of counter stadiums. anyone think the same?

Well I have always thought rock-lock would go down hill since everyone was playing it. So right now, there doesn't seem much hope for it. Draggy decks on the other hand are still very fast and very consistant, Mt. Moon never stopped it before so why should BF. Problem is though, is that almost everyone will be playing BF and in abundance, that Draggy decks won't be able to do well, since in all there matches one of their opponents will be bound to get really lucky and play BF early in the game and maybe even have on in hand to replace counter gyms. Odds are against draggy right now, but later on it might return when BF isn't played as much. Who knows though, BF is a really good card right now, and it's played a lot not only because it shuts down rock-lock and Draggy, but Pidgeot is more widely played so BF is the perfect card against it.

I think we will see lots of decks out there with BF, probably even to a point where there are no Draggy/Rock-lock decks but every deck at a tournament has BF. lol. Everyone will try and counter everyone else, but in the end, no one is even playing the cards that BF counters. =p

i think that emerald was what everyone needed to help level out the playing field so that everyone is now in the position of thinking, "Now what?"

I'm content, even though I think that emerald was a little lacking in anything else other than countering current popular decks...

I think everyone should stop worrying about countering everyone else and just worry about building a good overall deck. Sure, it COULD be a little bit effected by your metagame, but overall, just try to build good decks, and put stadiums in for their effects first and not to counter anything.

I wonder which decks could use BF well. I know Zap-turn-dos can take benefit from it, but since it affects so many decks, which are the good ones (we know of now) that can both strike hard and disrupt with BF?

Daddiursa said:
I wonder which decks could use BF well. I know Zap-turn-dos can take benefit from it, but since it affects so many decks, which are the good ones (we know of now) that can both strike hard and disrupt with BF?
Does it really benefit Zappy? This is what I mean, people try to counter decks and they end up hurting their own. Sure it helps Zappy counter and shut down some other decks, but what happens when you go up against a wobbuffet? Zappy used to run Space Center, it made it stronger and able to get around Wobbuffet, but with BF it just makes it tougher for Zappy. (unless you played both =/ )

Peachyoto, who runs Wobbuffet? Even if you do face a wobbuffet, a good T2 manectric with a strength charm can OHKO it.

Wobbuffet is a disreguarded card, a lot due to its poor poor attack called Drunk Punch (Japanese name) which clearly fits the attack's text, as he takes damage

He takes damage so he gets a max of 5 attacks because he'll be knocked out by then

Tom

good decks with BF:

Gardivoir
LudiCargo varients (there are many of them out there)
Zapdos
BlastX
old-style Blaziken (BAR, not RAMBO)

I'm sure there are others, just can't think of em right now...

There's other Pokemon with Safeguard other than Wobbuffet though. Ninetails(Vulpix has Asension too), Dewgong(which has an all colorless attack), and Altaria(which BF also counters, but it's a dragon not weak to other dragons). If running Ninetails EX anyway, run Safeguard Ninetails. Same with Altaria/Altaria EX. And Dewgong's pretty splashable (no pun intended).

And I'm still on the thought of just building good decks and not trying to counter just one type of deck. BF is worthless aginst decks that don't have anything it stops, and the "counter gyms" in the Rocklock decks, Dragtrode decks, and Pidgeot fueled decks are useless aginst each other.

Last edited:
bullados said:
good decks with BF:

Gardivoir
LudiCargo varients (there are many of them out there)
Zapdos
BlastX
old-style Blaziken (BAR, not RAMBO)

I'm sure there are others, just can't think of em right now...

What do you mean BAR? There is no Amphy... Most people play SwitchBlaze and use Pidg... RAMBO would be uneffected by BF.

EDIT: Wow, I feel like an idiot. TA Mantetric would get shut off... But there is still no BAR.

Last edited:
Flareon said:
What do you mean BAR? There is no Amphy... Most people play SwitchBlaze and use Pidg... RAMBO would be uneffected by BF.
Isn't Aqua's Manectric part Dark?If so then Frontier would shut him down.Delcatty is also ruined br Frontier.

I've said it before I'll say it again, It's stadium warfare. You have the stadiums you have the edge. Stadiums have the ability to hurt ANY deck out there right now, with the exception of a few. Stadiums should and will be used in the current and future environments.

first my opinion on bf u cud always play another stadium or use a knock over move or another thing i just thought about atm ice which will both benefit u by removing the stadium and protecting u for 1 trun

Isn't the Energy Connect Ampy in Emerald? That's what I thought when I put that down. Also, Pidgeot isn't exactly NECESSARY in that deck, nor for that matter is Delcatty. Just run more TV Rep and Rocket's Mission, that's bout it.

bullados said:
Isn't the Energy Connect Ampy in Emerald?

No, it isn't.

As to the person who was worried about running two Stadiums in the same deck...

Before Pidgeot made Stadiums trivial, my playesting showed that one should run two stadiums. Find two that help you (not too difficult), then use whichever one helps your opponent least. For example, Ancient Tomb is useful to most decks that are running "ownerless" Pokemon (that aren't Pokemon-ex). However, if you have your opponent's Weakness, you don't want to have that in play! But your opponent would probably have their own Stadiums... so you need a back up.

Back