Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Another trainers choice flub

menoknow

Which Pokemon did Ash start with?

Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur.

Answer: Squirtle....which was his 4th Pokemon and last caught of the choices.

yes, but this would actually make sense to someone who just plays the GameBoy games and not watch the show...
The whole Arbok evolves into Seviper or w/e thing was just amazing...

menoknow said:
Which Pokemon did Ash start with?

Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur.

Answer: Squirtle....which was his 4th Pokemon and last caught of the choices.

Actually, they asked which Pokémon was Ash's original choice for a starter, meaning what Pokémon he planned on choosing. He was going to choose Squirtle, but it was already taken when he did so. He ended up with Pikachu because all the other starters were already taken.

Sunflorazumarill said:
Actually, they asked which Pokémon was Ash's original choice for a starter, meaning what Pokémon he planned on choosing. He was going to choose Squirtle, but it was already taken when he did so. He ended up with Pikachu because all the other starters were already taken.

It's like they say...You can't always get what you want...

Tripped me up for a second, too, 'till I realized what they meant. Couldn't remember who it was, though.

Last edited:
No when the Trainers Choice Happened I was hmm this is a hard one you actually have to remember the fist episode. I even though It's Prolly Squirtle.

To Clear things up its not the order he actually caught em in, which one did he ask from prof Oak FIRST.

I believe it was Squitle too.

to quote the 1st episode
"squirtle,charmander,bulbasaur anyone is fine as long as there is still one"
or something to the extent also it never specified which one he would have chosen for sure

Last edited:
I seem to remember him making a definate choice, opening a Pokeball, and finding that it was empty. I thought he went lizard->turtle->plant, but I might be wrong...

"I thought about it a lot, and it took me a long time to something something, but I finally decided to choose...Squirtle!" (1st ep)

And then in the Charmander ep, he said that the very first Pokemon he wanted was Charmander and he was dissapointed that he couldn't get one. This probably threw off some people, but at least 4Kids fixed one of their mistakes. :p

bullados said:
I seem to remember him making a definate choice, opening a Pokeball, and finding that it was empty. I thought he went lizard->turtle->plant, but I might be wrong...

I've been thinking, Prof. Oak is kinda sadistic just standing there while Ash goes through all those Pokeballs. Then again, you have to wonder why Ash's Mom didn't just wake him up-must have been in on the joke. :wink:

Meno the question was actually: "Which of these Pokémon was Ash's first choice?" :wink:

I've got Pokémon - I Choose You on GB Video.
Ash overslept and arrived in his PJs, after dreaming of Pokémon all night. They all ragged on him for being late and wearing his PJs. He and P. Oak went to P. Oak's lab, where Oak told him to choose a Pokémon, and Ash said Squirtle and the ball was empty, he chooses Bulbasaur same thing happens, he then chooses Charmander same thing again, and then Oak says he would have had his choice if had gotten there on time and hadn't been late. But he was in luck Oak says, one Pokémon remained and Ash jumped at it no matter what it is, and out comes Pikachu and *shockey*.
They probably had it planned all along Ash would get Pikachu. :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back