Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Another Undefeated Report with LuxChomp

KAZUTO!!!

All right, so thinking back to the meta last week there were tons of Gengar/Vileplume so I could assume there wouldn't be any Champ which is the only matchup I'm worried about with LuxChomp. Sooo I changed one card from my list last week (-1 Uxie +1 Rose GL, expecting Tombs) and I was ready to goooo.

I get there, see there are 10ish Seniors and expect 3 Rounds Top 2 again. Find out Justin is playing LuxChomp and so is Joey, so YAY MIRRORS AND LACK OF MACHAMP. <3

Yeah R1 pairings get posted, and we find out it's 4 Rounds Top 2, since Seniors are mixed with Juniors and there are 14 total... so WOOT.

Round 1 vs. Jason C. w/ LuxCHomp

I open Roserade GL, go first vs. Zong G. I go first, DCE Poison Bind as I have nothing better to do. I have Collector in my hand. He does some stuff and I believe Poketurn to Chatot. I'm like ZOMG Poison Bind that, but first I Lv. Up Uxie. Anyways I Poison Bind, Chatot dies coming into my turn, and I Dragon Rush 5 times in a row. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Maya ? w/ Abomasnow (JUNIOR)

So I remember Machamp is a Junior deck so I'm sitting there fearing the worst. I open poorly but I have PONT and Luxray and Crobat + SP Radar, nothing else though. Anyways eventually we start, she flips over lone Chatot and Mimics. I immediatly think all I need to do is hit a DCE or Energy + Gain and I win here with Bite off PONT. So I PONT and hit the Energy + Gain FTW. GG.

2-0

Round 3 vs. April H. w/ Sablelock

I've played against this twice at Worlds and those were my only games vs. it, but I figured I played enough shuffle draw to be all right. Anyways before the game she tells everyone she has a really nice start and I have this really bad start, something like Luxray DCE DCE Blim Psychic 2 other random cards that don't help. Joy. I go first vs. Blaze FB, DCE Bite. I think I Set Up for 2 as well, and I HIT A CYRUS. WHOO. Anyways after this it's a matter of playing around stuff like SP mirror is, her Dragonite is annoying but it's all good and I win by 2-3 Prizes. GG.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Robert M. w/ Gengar/Vileplume

So since I'm the only 3-0 at this point I'm playing down. Anyways first Gengar/Plume, I was surprised. This matchup went like I want it to, sniped Gloom early on and he never got out another Plume so I was free to snipe around Gengar. He had a crazy T1 which made me worried, Nidoran F start went BTS Azelf Gastly Haunter Gengar Nidorina Set Up or something and KO my Q, luckily I also had Uxie in play and could Restore KO the Nidorina. He got Gloom out the next turn to which I Rushed and from there as I said I just picked up easy Prizes. GG.

4-0

So yeah Undefeated in Swiss once again, I find out I'll be playing April again. Cool. I organize my deck and get readddddy.

Top 2 vs. April H. w/ Sablelock

Game 1:
I open Luxray with Luxray X and Energy in hand, no Cyrus of course. Around 10 minutes later she tells me she forgot to put out her Prizes (I had forgotten to look lol), and Bidier gives her a Game Loss. =/ GG.

Game 2: I open Chomp vs. Sableye, she Impersonates Initiative and gets rid of Bebe's, I DCE Gain QUake, she starts setting up. I KO Chomps and get up 3 Prizes and start losing my focus, she almost comes back but I regain my focus and win by 2-3 Prizes again. GG.

5-0

I pull Scizor Prime in my pack and yeah.

Props

My brosis, Cor =P
Kevin
Winning
Gavin
Gordon
Connor
Joey
Justin
Bidier
Sandy
Mah opponents
LuxChomp
Roserade
Anything else I forgot to mention

Slops

Jacob for losing to a theme deck ;P

JACK! We haven't talked in sooo long :( :(
Anyways good to see you still owning with luxchump, my bad at not winning any brs its ok haha I never have won a (

But really we need to talk sometime kk
<3

Connor - Whoa yeah, we need to talk again before CCs for sure. And wow, NO BRs? You've won Oregon States but no BRs? Haha I was the same till a couple weeks ago. =P

Aaron - I've won 2/3, and I've gone undefeated in Swiss in all 3.

Julian - Thanks, I'll certainly try. ;)

J-A-C-O-B - That is correct, I can't skate despite being Canadian lol. Thanks.

Back