Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Answered done with lock before a flame war starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1- yes
2- not sure- but the internet dones not crash a lot like it does on the DS.
3- yes- The game is faster and looks better.

There are two answers to your second question. The Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS support WEP encryption, but not WPA. If your wireless internet connection has a WEP password then they will work. If it has a WPA password then neither the Nintendo DS nor the Nintendo Wii will be able to access the internet.

Only if you're using WPA. WEP is fine though (or heck, just don't set a password if WPA is your only option).

Also, PBR is not worth $50; it gets old real fast, there aren't even any mini games like Stadium 1/2 (which is what this is presumably based off of). The graphics are essentially more rehashed Colloseum/GoD graphics as well. Now, if you can pick it up used or something for less, eh, I personally wouldn't, but if you want to, go ahead.

My bro has it, and trust me, its NOT worth the $50. Just stick with playing on the DS and go get brawl or something.

No, I have it and only use it to get some of the goodies I could not get otherwise. It's not worth the 50 and as DP said: "Get Brawl or something".

1: Yes
2: Yes, you will need to have the password so that the game will be allowed to connect to Wi-Fi
3: NO, THIS GAME IS A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY AT THE PRICE OF $50. IF IT WERE LIKE $20, MAYBE, BUT, $50 IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR A GAME THAT HAS LITTLE TO OFFER. DO NOT BUY, BUY BRAWL INSTEAD.

Answers

yes
yes
and debends on the person and what you are trying to do with the game. yea the game play isn't as good as the DS but if you are a true collecter you would buy it (or wait to get it reduced some how). But I have collected pokemon since the start and just cause some one says they dont like it you may. that has happened many times to me and not just for pokemon stuff. :thumb:

The only reason I have Pokemon Battle Revolution is because I won it in the GameStop tournament the was advertizing the game. I wouldn't have spent $50 on it, but I use it a lot to battle online versus random people I've never met. It has greatly improved my strength as a trainer. I would recommend this game to anyone who wants to compete in the Pokemon Video Game Showdown.

The only reason I have Pokemon Battle Revolution is because I won it in the GameStop tournament the was advertizing the game. I wouldn't have spent $50 on it, but I use it a lot to battle online versus random people I've never met. It has greatly improved my strength as a trainer. I would recommend this game to anyone who wants to compete in the Pokemon Video Game Showdown.

^
LOL - so true. TFK and i have been practicing on PBR to get our pokemon teams tuned and trying to come up with counters to the most popular teams, like Rain dance teams and Trick room teams.

Think of PBR as a tool, not a game. it is a great tool to get your team refined and access to items that are rare in the game like earthquake and the Pinch berrys.

Yeah I consider my PBR like a tool because of all the goodies I can get out of it, I don't consider it a great pokemon games that will go down as a classic, but it is very useful!

CMT

P.S. Instead of buying it new, consider getting a used game for 10-15 dollars less

^
LOL - so true. TFK and i have been practicing on PBR to get our pokemon teams tuned and trying to come up with counters to the most popular teams, like Rain dance teams and Trick room teams.

Think of PBR as a tool, not a game. it is a great tool to get your team refined and access to items that are rare in the game like earthquake and the Pinch berrys.

The only thing is, especially if you want to try catching anyone good from Japan for double battling, you usually have to be up pretty late (my one friend was saying like 11pm PST+), which is probably a wee bit late for most of you. Personally, I have yet to see any good team from the U.S. on it, so I've never got any good benefit from playing during the day...

The only thing is, especially if you want to try catching anyone good from Japan for double battling, you usually have to be up pretty late (my one friend was saying like 11pm PST+), which is probably a wee bit late for most of you. Personally, I have yet to see any good team from the U.S. on it, so I've never got any good benefit from playing during the day...

I would have to agree there, but I work a graveyard shift. On my days off I am awake all night and battle against mostly Japanese trainers. I have however found a diamond in the rough every once in a while fighting American and European players on Pokemon Battle Revolutions. One thing I learned by battling against an American is to never underestimate a team that you don't understand. When I found myself facing off against a Smoochum I though I was in for an easy win. It turned out exactly the opposite. Do you have any idea what it feels like to lose to a team with a Smoochum on it?

Nintendo Wii can handle WPA...

The Wii console is able to connect to the Internet through its built-in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi or through a USB-to-Ethernet adapter, with both methods allowing players to access the established Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service.[2] Wireless encryption by WEP, WPA (TKIP/RC4) and WPA2 (CCMP/AES) are supported.[108] AOSS support was discreetly added in firmware update 3.0.[109] Just as for the Nintendo DS, Nintendo does not charge fees for playing via the service[6][110] and the 12 digit Friend Code system controls how players connect to one another. Each Wii also has its own unique 16 digit Wii Code for use with Wii's non-game features.[111][110] This system also implements console-based software including the Wii Message Board. One can also connect to the internet with third-party devices.[112]

Why would he change it do WEP, that encryption is outdated, easy to hack, and slows things down. Keep it at WPA since Wii does recognize it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back