Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Anti-Bannette Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
My deck's clear strategy is to dominate Bannette decks with my superior dark type. Resistance to psychic. Ideally, start with absol attach special dark 20 OHKO Shuppet. If that is not the case, then possible just disrupt and slowly setup shiftry's. You play claydol with Bebe's to get any type of pokemon you wish. Most games should be won, by benching a absol warp pointing and KO'ing shuppet as to keep bannette's out of the discard.

Pokemon: 21
2 Shiftry Ex PK
2 Shiftry Ex CG
2 Shiftry DP
3 Nuzleef
4 Seedot
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
3 Absol SW
1 Absol (Forsight)

Trainers: 22
4 Warp Point
4 Candy
4 Bebe's
4 Roseanne's
4 Wager
2 Night Maint
3 Super Scoop Up

Energy: 14
1 Cyclone
1 Fighting
4 Special Dark
8 Basic Dark

Who Plays Banette?
:lol::lol::lol:

someone that has a death wish

this is a funny thread for so many reasons though LOLOL

not only does it mock counter deck threads for thinking countering one deck makes a deck good, but it also mocks the fact that those decks usually don't even beat the decks they are meant to counter this for example doesn't beat banette unless you donk them, and warp pointing shuppets doesn't work because you get to chose what to send out i would send my traditional lunatone, which i in all seriousness koed blisseys and darkrais with at states, lunarock get's rid of resistance anyway

i mean i'm sure it CAN beat banette but it looks a little slow other than the absols for raid, and being clunky usually leads to a loss to banette,

good work though sense of humor wise

Well, I think it is a joke deck, and in fact I hope it is, but that is beside the point lol.

Banette is basically a counter to GG. So this is like a counter to a counter. Anyway, if you want to counter Banette, Magmortar is the best way to go since they can't answer to its high durability, consistency, and high damage output. And atleast Magmortar has a decent matchup against GG.

No. Your entire strategy revolves around ABSOL. It tries to counter a semi-popular deck, when it dies to Gallade and Magmortar. Yeah... and WHY do you play Foresight Absol? Take that out, put in a SW. And, it's slow, while Banette is super-fast. If you discard a Banette in Banette, you HELP them, which is NOT fun. Then their T2 Banette is even better. And you know that Banette always has extra cards, right? Well, they do. A Pokedex probally won't cost them games. AND Banette runs Lunarock, and Lunatone does 40 damage to your Absol... the matchup, IMO, is 65-35 Banette. The only reason why it isn't 90-10 Banette is because of Weakness.

No. Your entire strategy revolves around ABSOL. It tries to counter a semi-popular deck, when it dies to Gallade and Magmortar. Yeah... and WHY do you play Foresight Absol? Take that out, put in a SW. And, it's slow, while Banette is super-fast. If you discard a Banette in Banette, you HELP them, which is NOT fun. Then their T2 Banette is even better. And you know that Banette always has extra cards, right? Well, they do. A Pokedex probally won't cost them games. AND Banette runs Lunarock, and Lunatone does 40 damage to your Absol... the matchup, IMO, is 65-35 Banette. The only reason why it isn't 90-10 Banette is because of Weakness.

All this bannette defense...

Does nobody see bannette's too good to be allowed in the format!

Maybe Darkrai Weaville Wigglytuff?

It OhKo's Bannette's for two.

Banette kills Gardylade even with a Absol start now just cuz of Lunasol and Claydol.Claydol kills Blissey cuz of its resistance and speed.Banettes worst matchup is Magmortar.

Banette can beat this deck cuz of Lunasol,cuts the resistance and will outspeed u.

DWD is a better counter deck.Sorry

if you want to beat banette play darkrai togekiss IMO ,personally i don't beleive your actually going to play a banette counter deck at states but i suppose it will go up in popularity

which is weird because yes it gains a couple friends from ge but pachirisu is one of bannettes worst enemy, darkrai is another enemy and it comes in a tin and is overated so if i played banette (which i did) i'd expect to see SOME amoutn of darkrai ( i faced 2 with it) i would think it would be LESS popular now but i just don't know anything about pokemon

I have your fix right here:

- everything except the Absol
+ 4 PlusPowers, 4 Strength Charms, 4 Switch, umm... 4 Warp Point? uh..... Dark Erneergy?

Okay, you're set for this weekend bud! Maybe add a 1-1 Darkrai because it looks awesome and when you got that thing in play your opponent with Banette folds or cries or both.

But then they would just bring up Solrock or Claydol and OHKO a shiftry with PPs.

-Shiftry Ex Pk
+Shiftry Ex CG

since claydol/minun is in most builds and so is lunasol.

??How is Pachi the worst enemy of Banette??

But then they would just bring up Solrock or Claydol and OHKO a shiftry with PPs.

-Shiftry Ex Pk
+Shiftry Ex CG

since claydol/minun is in most builds and so is lunasol.

??How is Pachi the worst enemy of Banette??

it makes it so you can't donk them unless they dont draw energy, it's also a waste of a spiteful pain, it's an easy prize but it's also a banette out of your discard, and despite how easy of a prize it is they don't need it after t1 usually and koing it t2 only leaves them with an extra bench spot

now almost every deck has an answer to being donked by getting out 3 basics t1, whereas before pachi not every deck had a setup phase meaning that doing 80 t2 could actually be hitting their attacker, even decks with a starter like mawile or stantler were susceptable to t2 donks

idk that's just the way i feel from playing banette i have a decent amount of experience with it but having to take 6 prizes seems a little harder than winning by taking 1 am i right? and being able to hit a main attacker t2 for 80 seems better than hitting a pachi for 80 after they are already done with it i mean if you go second they can even smash short preventing a ghost head ko

what do i know non of those points make sense i guess i've just been playing banette wrong, shame to all the people who have lost to me playing banette wrong, i guess i was just lucky

Yea I understand that reason.

Banette plays warps,2-3 and 4 if its really speedy.Killing weak stuff is how you basicially can win the matchup against Magmortar,takin on Lvx is near impossible to beat half the time since it can burn and spread.

You realize, in trying to counter Banette, you've built a deck to counter a deck that counters a deck. Now, I think I'll build a deck to counter your design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back