Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Anti durant deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfraised

I have found a brilliant way to stop the terrible Durant.
The plan is to use Sableye's pull out when Durant is using devour.
Pull Out allows u to search your discard pile for any 1 card, show it to your opponent, and put it on top of your deck.

Pokemon:
Sableye x4
RegigigasEX x2
Houndour x2
Houndoom x2
Zorua x2
Zoroark x2
Girafarig x1

Trainers:
Great Ball x2
Pokemon Communication x2
Life Herb x2
Max Potion x2
Revive x2
Energy Returner x2
Energy Retrieval x2
Potion x2
Energy Search x2

Supporters:
Twins x1
N x2
Bianca x1
Elm's Method x2
Cheren x2
Oak's Theory
Cilan x1
Flower Shop Lady x1
Interviewer's Questions x1
Emcee's Chatter x1

Energy:
Basic Dark x8
Special Dark x4
Double Colorless Energy x2

Zoroark is also a key part of this deck, is a counter for Reshiram. Or any heavy hitter. Just spam the opponent with foul play. Girafarig is a key component because it has Show Off. If you can get Show Off to fill Regigigas with energy. Also most of the trainers and supporters bring cards back from the discard pile. Houndoom is in the deck to fend off the fighting type Pokemon with Fire Counterattack.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this deck better please do tell. :wink:

Last edited:
You pull out one card, they discard four. How exactly is this a good idea? They still win at a rate of 3 cards per turn instead of 4, since you're not even attacking them.

You pull out one card, they discard four. How exactly is this a good idea? They still win at a rate of 3 cards per turn instead of 4, since you're not even attacking them.

If u get Cheren in the discard pile you can slow them down.

---------- Post added 04/15/2012 at 01:03 AM ----------

Sorry i meant Flower Shop Lady:thumb:

Still won't work. You put flower shop lady on top of your deck as your attack's effect. Your turn ends. Durant devours for four cards. FSL and three MORE cards go into your discard pile. You can't use FSL because it got re-discarded.

I had no idea this was argumentum ad hominem hour. Carry on, then. The rest of us will just play metagame decks while doing our best to conserve our resources. Or just play tyram.

I have two things to say. First, @cabd: where was the ad hominem? Second, I agree with electric spider that a fire deck would work really well, especially one with a quick setup.

---------- Post added 04/15/2012 at 01:03 AM ----------

Sorry i meant Flower Shop Lady:thumb:

Still won't work. You put flower shop lady on top of your deck as your attack's effect. Your turn ends. Durant devours for four cards. FSL and three MORE cards go into your discard pile. You can't use FSL because it got re-discarded.

You got me there. I just seen the SixPrizes article.
Maybe look for a card in format that can also draw the first card or two like a virizion and then you draw two cards one of them being the card you picked out.
I have two things to say. First, @cabd: where was the ad hominem? Second, I agree with electric spider that a fire deck would work really well, especially one with a quick setup.
Yeah good luck finding a :fire: deck with a quick setup.

---------- Post added 04/15/2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

Maybe look for a card in format that can also draw the first card or two like a virizion and then you draw two cards one of them being the card you picked out.

Nevermind I didn't know that Pull Out was an Attack.

Durant is already dead.

Heatmor – Fire – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[C] Hot Tongue: 10 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is Durant, this attack does an additional 50 damage.
[R][C][C] Firebreathing: 50 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

13/69

This is coming out in a few weeks.

There is only one purely anti-Durant deck in the format.

Typhlosion.

That is it.

I disagree in saying Durant is dead. Bring on Heatmor, I have counters to that within Durant. The only thing that truly beats Durant is a little bit of luck and a lot of skill.
Posted with Mobile style...

There is only one purely anti-Durant deck in the format.

Typhlosion.

That is it.

Anything Vileplume runs right through Durant, too... especially with V-Create Victini.

But now we have Heatmor so none of this matters. But if you wanna be fancy like the deck in the OP, you can run the new Sableye and as soon as you get 2 Super Rods you can keep recycling them with Junk Hunt. Just remember to take a prize ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back