Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any idea about Delta prerelease?

Lone_Cubone

I know the next prereleases are supposed to be the last two weekend of October, but I was wondering if anyone knew when prerelease tournaments were going to start being organized. I have no idea how early in advance these things get registered, but the organized play site still has nothing but Unseen Forces stuff on it.

I was just curious, because there's a lot happening in October, what with Pokemon Rocks America, friends birthdays, two potential prerelease weekends, and of course, Halloween. I have to start asking days off from work. :redface:

Let's teach you a little about the greek alphabet...

Alpha Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur
Beta Typhlosion/Feraligatr/MEGANIUM (yay)
Gamma Blaziken/Swamert/Sceptile
Delta ???/???/????

This will be the release where the new pokemon are released...

If we follow the patterns of the last few years...

Delta set will be the new set in both Japan, and the US at the same time (ala Rocket Returns)

In the Winter, Japan will get some QCP or other holder item, while we get the forest (coordinating with the movie release in the US)

Japan will get "slightly ahead" on another release, or we will catch up with the Summer Release.

That is how I see it happening...

This is NOT an official word, just my speculation.

Thanks

Vince

Vince, I have many doubts about them making the new Pokemon as TCG cards rather than either in the show or the GB game. I can see this being one of the last EX sets, but I don't think that the 4th generation cards will come until next September, when another Base set-type thing rolls around.

Then why waste the title of Delta with this release?

I guess they could do a "limited" Delta era release with Munchlax, Lukario, Bonsly, and a few of the others we know about...but to waste a perfectly good name like Delta would be a real shame.

M45

Oh, the ones already released. I thought you meant all of the new ones, including the starters. My bad.

I'd put the odds of the 4th gens at about 50/50 right now, considering that only Munchlax has been officially released in English. Also, Rukario will come at the Mew movie, more than likely, as the "Wave-Guiding Hero".

meganium45 said:
Alpha Charizard/Blastoise/Venusaur
Beta Typhlosion/Feraligatr/MEGANIUM (yay)
Gamma Blaziken/Swamert/Sceptile
Delta ???/???/????

I can neither confirm nor deny... :wink:

i feel the Liesik infection spreading again... but i cant confirm that, or deny it either

Last edited:
M_Liesik said:

[spam]
*bashes head off table* NOT AGAIN!
Here's one; can you confirm or deny your willfulness to drive people like me (including me) totally insane?!?
[/spam]

I'm not sure really what'll be in the set. I'd be happy to see the newer Pokemon in the set, but I'd have thought that the best time to release this with new Pokemon would be to time with the new games. Of course, having to time it with not only D/P but another set with Mew Movie...guess they just had to release this one early to keep up with Japanese IMO.

I think the new Pokémon being in Delta Species is out of the question. The games aren't even out in Japan, they're probably not even finished making them - why would Pokémon that don't officially even exist yet be released into the TCG now. Maybe just the 2 officially announced (Munchlax and Bonsly - although Lucario probably will be before Delta Species is released).

Its just going to be the Researching Tower set.

Last edited:
M_Liesik said:

With Leisik winking on something such as Delta refering to the fourth generation, then around that time I'll have to get back in full swing. I think this is just hinting at what's to come. Why else would he even reply to this?

he does that to play games with us. unfoortunatelly I believe the next set is the Elicoln Forest set, and Ive yet to see any 4th gen in there (looking through folder) nope, no new ones. Plus i believe this is where Japan catches up with us, being there are some Emerald cards in the set, just my 3 cents (3 just to be random)

Nope actually. Couldn't be. Eidolon Forest is based on the next movie, loosely, but still based on it. They will want to time it with the release of the next movie, like they did with Deoxys. So this has to be another simultaneous release.

I can neither confirm nor deny that there's not gonna be some new starting trio in the set.

Originally posted by M_Liesik
I can neither confirm nor deny that there's not gonna be some new starting trio in the set.

I can neither confirm nor deny my satisfaction with that response.......oh no, I've been infected!!!!

:frown: CMT :frown:​

Back