Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Any word on the vendorsat US Nats?

Vulpix Yolk

Hey, does anyone know who will be selling/buying cards this year? Also in past years how often do the vendor buy bulk commons? Basically what I'm wondering is if it would be worth it to bring around 3,000 commons on an airplane. If they are offer 3 cents a piece like last year, it sounds like a deal to me. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm not a very frequent poster here.

The past two years I have attended nationals. The first year it was a single vendor, Gathering Grounds. From everything I read/experienced they weren't that friendly, but they bought cards. Last year there were two vendors, Troll n Toad, and Collectors Cache. Both vendors were amazing and both bought cards. It'd be safe to say that there will be a vendor to buy bulk commons and such.

From what I saw, the lines to sell stuff like that were VERY long. Why not just sell to Troll and Toad online? They are offering 5.5 cents per bulk common/uncommon right now. Sure you have to pay shipping, but the extra $$ should easily account for that.

no information has been out yet as to if there will be vendors this year. Rest assured, If a vendor gets contacted, they will post here to give you guys a heads up!

From what I can remember, there's always been a vendor at nats that's been buying cards. Even at Origins, GG and some other vendors were there. And, when they moved, they've still had vendors. I'm sure we'll hear about vendors soon enough.

I'm hoping it's the same two from last year. Both were good.

My only advice would be to make sure not to take any guestimations with you on what you'll get for your cards because you'll probably get a lot less.

Here is the way I tell people to approach sales in my shop.

If you don't like the price I offer, you don't have to sell to me. Period, no hard feelings, there you go.

Until you hand me your cards, and I hand you the cash, we are still negotiating, and you have the right to say "no".

When you go to a dealer to sell your cards, expect not to get full e-bay values on them.

50% is a number commonly used, but sometimes higher is paid, and sometimes lower is paid.

When you go in, have an idea what you want to receive, what you are willing to accept, and be ready to walk away if need be.

What I am TIRED of hearing is people saying "the vendor ripped me off". No, the vendor did not rip you off, you ripped you off. You accepted the offer.

Now, the complaint, "The vendor only offered me XXX, he was trying to rip me off", is at least a little more valid, until you accept the offer.

If you think you can get more scratch for the cardboard, go get it.

If not....accept the offer.

My 2 cents.

Vince

Vince, after looking at 25 or so full boxes of cards that I'll never play again and the "send Jay to Worlds fund" just opening up what are some pretty standard prices I should expect to recieve, for commons, uncommons, RH, etc.?

Rest assured, if Troll and Toad shows up as a vendor, we will scrap our team shirts and make anti-Troll and Toad shirts because they are a joke of a company.

That's funny, I've done lots of business with T&T, and they've been nothing short of wonderful.

So, want to come in and back up your statements with facts?

I've done business with them for 2 separate card games, both at large events and through the mail. They are super prompt and communicate well.

Rest assured, if Troll and Toad shows up as a vendor, we will scrap our team shirts and make anti-Troll and Toad shirts because they are a joke of a company.
This guy is right. They skewed the prices of all Reshirams/Zekroms less than a day after the sets release. They were all going for around 25-30 bucks on E-bay until TT undercut everyone by like 15-16 bucks, massively lowering the going price. Any time I've seen them at Gencon/Origins/etc, they're usually not the vendor I go to.

Their cards are pretty ridiculously priced barring that, and if I want plush toys/other merch, Wizziwig does it better.

This guy is right. They skewed the prices of all Reshirams/Zekroms less than a day after the sets release. They were all going for around 25-30 bucks on E-bay until TT undercut everyone by like 15-16 bucks, massively lowering the going price. Any time I've seen them at Gencon/Origins/etc, they're usually not the vendor I go to.

Their cards are pretty ridiculously priced barring that, and if I want plush toys/other merch, Wizziwig does it better.

So having the best prices is a bad thing?

For what it's worth, looks like T&T opened a ton of boxes. They have over 50 full-art Reshiram and Zekrom for sale, and 29 Pikachu! When you have that kind of inventory, you sell it for whatever you think people will buy it for, even yes undercutting the competition. They have a large business, so they can sustain themselves with lower margins on these things if they want.

Like it or not, it's just a free market in action. 26x Luxray GL Lv X for $19.99 for instance.

Let's compare to someone else....Gathering Ground. Mid last week, I ordered 4x Yanmega Prime for $6.50 each. Paid immediately via PayPal. Just got email this morning that they refunded my money because they didn't actually have it in stock....meaning their Web site doesn't reflect accurate inventory information. Looking at Yanmega Prime on their site today, it's listed at $10.99 now!

That's funny, I've done lots of business with T&T, and they've been nothing short of wonderful.

So, want to come in and back up your statements with facts?

I've done business with them for 2 separate card games, both at large events and through the mail. They are super prompt and communicate well.

Every legitimate business has at least one person who had a bad experience for reasons that may or may not have been in the business's control, and then said person wants to badmouth. Crap happens. If you buy from eBay, do you ignore the 5,000 positive feedback for the 1 negative?

I've seen complaints about Troll and Toad. I've seen complaints about Collector's Cache. Both are excellent dealers to work with in reality. Some people just like to shout complaints from the top of their ivory tower.

I'd be perfectly happy with both of them making a return to Nationals this year.

Let's compare to someone else....Gathering Ground. Mid last week, I ordered 4x Yanmega Prime for $6.50 each. Paid immediately via PayPal. Just got email this morning that they refunded my money because they didn't actually have it in stock....meaning their Web site doesn't reflect accurate inventory information. Looking at Yanmega Prime on their site today, it's listed at $10.99 now!

Gathering Ground has done this a few times to me. I order a card, get the "order shipped" email the next day and suddenly a week later they will refund the whole purchase. On top of that, I'll have friends buy the same cards after me from Gathering Ground and they'll receive their order with no problems. Needless to say, I refuse to order from them anymore.

Troll and Toad generally has pretty cheap prices and I have never had a problem ordering from them. Much better than a lot of the other online vendors.

Every legitimate business has at least one person who had a bad experience for reasons that may or may not have been in the business's control, and then said person wants to badmouth. Crap happens. If you buy from eBay, do you ignore the 5,000 positive feedback for the 1 negative?

I've seen complaints about Troll and Toad. I've seen complaints about Collector's Cache. Both are excellent dealers to work with in reality. Some people just like to shout complaints from the top of their ivory tower.

I'd be perfectly happy with both of them making a return to Nationals this year.

Oh, I completely agree Kaga. It's just really poor behavior to bash a group of people/business and not back it up with ay reason as to why. If you are going to try to tarnish someone's reputation at least give good reason why you have a problem.

Oh, I completely agree Kaga. It's just really poor behavior to bash a group of people/business and not back it up with ay reason as to why. If you are going to try to tarnish someone's reputation at least give good reason why you have a problem.

And I'd love to see those picket signs:
"T&T sells their rare cards for too little money! Go to the other vendor that charges more!"

HHQ - you have got to be joking. What store would you prefer to see? That is big enough to handle the crowds and the demand...

You must have had a really skewed experience, because T&T, in my opinion is one of hte best companies out there, right along with Collector's Cache, and I am saying that not only as a player, but as a store owner.

I have had an issue with T&T, and I know they BUSTED to make sure things were made right.

I am glad to hear people wanting them to appear at Nationals again.

Read my previous post.

Vince

It's easy to take advantage of cheap cards on a web site or from a vendor at an event.

It's not so easy to sell cards to those stores for cheap when you feel they are worth more. (even if you aren't right)

But in the end, one must follow the other for either to exist. If you want to take advantage of the cheap deals found on the 'net, you have to accept that those businesses are buying their product for cheap(er) from the players.

It's not so easy to sell cards to those stores for cheap when you feel they are worth more. (even if you aren't right)

A vendor is generally going to low-ball you on cards you're selling to them, because their goal is to flip them for a profit.

If you don't like that, then stick with eBay.

I have had nothing but great interactions with Troll and Toad. IMHO they are one the best sources for online TCG and general gaming needs. They offer fair prices, great selection and some of the best trade-in value around. Have I had issues, sure. Do they resolve those issues, yup!!! Nothing but pros in my book!!! I am hoping that they are one of the vendor's for Nats this year.

Back