Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ape... could this tech work

MrMeches

I was thinking of a Tech to throw into Ape and came across an interesting idea.

Manectric MT

It has Free Retreat so no wasted nrg on it... the first attack obviously is the option so you can add and add to it! you can get a scramble on it to do 70 nd spread bench damage possibly and if played right can take out your Nemesis Empoleon...

so what do you think.. I understand there are better options out there to do the big bang (Trode) but if you dont have to give up the prize, don't!

So you tag there Empo for 80 after discarding a DRE. the Ko your Ape, you send up Manectric and for 1 F you do 50 (20+30 for weakness) so ko them!

Possible yes, but viable as a tech card??

Discuss peacefully!

~Prof. Fish~

I was thinking of a Tech to throw into Ape and came across an interesting idea.

Manectric MT

It has Free Retreat so no wasted nrg on it... the first attack obviously is the option so you can add and add to it! you can get a scramble on it to do 70 nd spread bench damage possibly and if played right can take out your Nemesis Empoleon...

so what do you think.. I understand there are better options out there to do the big bang (Trode) but if you dont have to give up the prize, don't!

So you tag there Empo for 80 after discarding a DRE. the Ko your Ape, you send up Manectric and for 1 F you do 50 (20+30 for weakness) so ko them!

Possible yes, but viable as a tech card??

Discuss peacefully!

~Prof. Fish~

I certainly think it's an interesting lil idea. However, it becomes more of an issue of "what" you should tech against. Is Empoleon enough of a threat to concern Ape? I'd rather play a 1-1 stage 1 that does nasty things against Gardelade than Empoleon, but to each his own.

But hmmm, but overall, very interesting. LLL requires you to play scramble, though, so that's a bit of a pain, especially for a deck known to get ahead vs everything other than Blissey.

I mentioned Manectric as a potential Magmortar tech just a few days ago. I think that it could work well in a Mags/Typhlo type build where it could be powered up quickly & in a deck that runs scramble & more basics anyway. I'm not so keen on it in ape.

Man's downsides are low HP, bad weakness, and that his basic is a poor start in a deck that doesn't run multi or lighting energy. I think that these outweigh his usefulness in Ape.

Which Electrike is used? The MT one has more HP and better weakness but sniff out on the CG one just looks like such a good attack.

I personly don't like Ape, but it sounds like an interesting tech.

Idk how much it will help you against stronger water decks that can pull a OHKO on it though...

Yeah, it is a interesting idea, but there are so many other cards that counter empoleon. Electrode comes to mind. Electrode means that you don;t really need to change out many cards besides from, 2 trainers. But if you were to run Manectric you would have to change out heaps more cards just to beat Empoleon, which has been losing popularity lately, because of things like blissey and GardeLade. Yes, it is a interesting idea, but you have to scarifice so much just to fit in a card that won't be used too much, because of the pure beatdown nature of infernape.

If you are to run a tech for infernape to beat empoleon it would have to be electrode.

Pika*

But, because most people think that Empo is getting a bit unpopulous(if that's the word) that is why most people will play it!...Just a thought...

Back