Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ape-Grace *Majectic Dawn Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatedra

here is a deck in the works when MD comes out.
it takes advantage of togekiss to power up infernape and cycle the energy

Pokemon: 16
x4 Chimchar (DP)
x1 Monferno (MD)
x3 Infernape (MD)
x1 Infernape Lvl x (DP)

x3 Togepi
x1 Togetic
x3 Togekiss

Trainers: 26
x2 Professor Rowan
x4 Felicittys Drawing
x4 Team galactics wager
x2 windstorm
x3 Night maintenance
x3 Pokedex
x4 rare Candy
x4 Dusk Ball

Energy:
x18 Fire Energy

--------------------------------------
Monferno L.20 – Fire – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Chimchar

[R] Fire Fang: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Burned.
[C][C] Air Sabot: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: Water (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Infernape L.46 – Fire – HP110
Stage 2 – Evolves from Monferno

[C] Mach Punch: 30 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.
[R] Mega Bravo: Discard all Fire Energy attached to Infernape, then do 40 damage x the number of Energy you discarded.

Weakness: Water (+30)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0
-------------------------------------

the strat of the deck is to power up infernape with togekiss to get some high damage going, then use flare up/night maintence to put the energy back into the deck.

still a rough draft and needs alot of tweaking, but its a start

~Professor ultimatedra~

You could replace the 2 Windstorms for 2 Pachirisus. 'Cause it'll take some time to set up x2 sets of Stage-2s.

HAHA! That almost exact deck list popped into my head on the way home today after pulling some Togekiss. I think Crystal beach would be a good addition seeing as you run only basic energy and DRE is MEGA popular at the moment, as well as a counter stadium to Battle fronteir.

I agree with the no scramble or dre, but were are the crystal beach? I would take out a nm 3 is over-doing it IMO. The list looks good, I would try to find room to add a 1-1 catty ex, to get the energy back with upstream then re-use togekiss.

Here are some changes,

-4 felecitys (you dont want to discard in this deck you need to conserve your energy and resources..)
-2 windstorm (these are pointless pretty much if you run only 2.)
-1 Wager (IMO 4 is over doing it you'll probaly never use all of them in one game, and how do you plan to recover if you loose one? Maybe claydol is needed?)
-2 Rowan (There are better forms of draw, and you allready play TGW which puts your hand back into your deck any way..)
-4 duskball (these are risky, and wont get you what you need all the time.)
-3 Pokedex (these arent even nessacary in here.)

+3 Crystal beach (this card is a beast, and kills a lot of decks that rely on DRE and scramble.)
+3 POV (better draw power for this deck, puts energy back.)
+2 stevens advice (one of the best draw cards in the game currently..)
+1-1 Catty ex (upstream after you discard all your energy with ape.)
+4 celios and bebes (3 Celios 1 bebes just so you can search the catty. Also recycles energy if you have to.)
+1 scott (gets your stadium.)
+1 TSD (good to get your pokemon back right after they get KO'd 110 hp Isn't a lot.)

Hope the changes I've made helped you!

togekiss dosent attach those, and the infernape needs only 1 energy. and infernape lvl x cannot put DRE/scrable back into the deck.

Doesn't Infernape LVX need :fire::fire: for its attack? Once you get rid of all those :fire: attached via Togekiss, then what? Attach and 40, attach and 40? Or, attach, pass, attach 150?

The dominance the 'lutions is going to gain is almost sickening a month before their release. Would Leafeon LVX be a better companion to Infernape? Better drop. Maybe a 3-2-1 Leafeon 1Umbreon?

Oh PLEASE NO!!! I beg you not to build this deck or even suggest it could work. It would be to horibble to even think about... *shudders*

IMO a Stage 2 with Togekiss is a tad slow because you need twice as many Candy to get to your ideal point in the game. You are also REALLY reliant of Candy when you're only running 1 of each stage 1. 2 Togetic is really good, and you should AT LEAST run 2 Monferno. It is one of THE BEST Fire stage 1s EVER.

That'd be a good deck for Pachi, because you need to do several Togekiss. And you should probably run 2 super scoop up. It's key for anything that utilises a "when you play this card" :ppowr:.

^2 ways to avoid that:
1. Attach some to Togekiss or another Ape
2. Don't attach everything you find with Serene Grace and shuffle the rest back in (si se puede!)

I agree with the no scramble or dre, but were are the crystal beach? I would take out a nm 3 is over-doing it IMO. The list looks good, I would try to find room to add a 1-1 catty ex, to get the energy back with upstream then re-use togekiss.

Here are some changes,

-4 felecitys (you dont want to discard in this deck you need to conserve your energy and resources..)
-2 windstorm (these are pointless pretty much if you run only 2.)
-1 Wager (IMO 4 is over doing it you'll probaly never use all of them in one game, and how do you plan to recover if you loose one? Maybe claydol is needed?)
-2 Rowan (There are better forms of draw, and you allready play TGW which puts your hand back into your deck any way..)
-4 duskball (these are risky, and wont get you what you need all the time.)
-3 Pokedex (these arent even nessacary in here.)

+3 Crystal beach (this card is a beast, and kills a lot of decks that rely on DRE and scramble.)
+3 POV (better draw power for this deck, puts energy back.)
+2 stevens advice (one of the best draw cards in the game currently..)
+1-1 Catty ex (upstream after you discard all your energy with ape.)
+4 celios and bebes (3 Celios 1 bebes just so you can search the catty. Also recycles energy if you have to.)
+1 scott (gets your stadium.)+1 TSD (good to get your pokemon back right after they get KO'd 110 hp Isn't a lot.)

Hope the changes I've made helped you!

Actually, I have to contest some of your changes.

Now not that the WHOLE focus of the deck is about Infernape Lv.X, but we'll just go with that as a major theme.

For starters, POV is INFERIOR to TVR, or more appropriately Felicity's Drawing. You are looking to drop lots energy late game for OHKo's with Infernape Lv.X and unfortunately enough, neither infernape has this ability. Obviously it would not be wise to go for Delcatty's this late in the season with the rotation right around the corner (Worlds '08)
So of course in that case, a 1-1 Delcatty ex is too weak. Upstream seems like a good idea, but when you can do 80 damage for 8 fire energy, whereas Ape does 150, which do you prefer? The Gallade Knockout or the "No Prize flip for a cheap KO?"
I also have to disagree with Scott since he is too slow for the format. if you run three and plenty of draw power, Crystal beach will come to you.

More changes:

Consider running a Firestarter Typhlosion (better than Blaziken, which also cycles out in Aug.) Since if you set up 2 Infernape (MD) and a Typhlosion, it will be 80 damage a turn. (1 energy attach, 1 firestarter, retreat active Infernape for benched Infernape, 80 damage.)

DRE are still good, and it should be noted that even with DRE, Infernape does 70 damage. DRE would be a battle for you to decide though, because if you use it, his first attack will do a mere 20 and no damage to the benched.

If you are worried about speed, and don't run the DREs, DONT run Pachirisu! Instead, tech some Call Energy to pull some basics from your deck. it WON'T count for the fire needed for his Mega Bravo, but it will get you 2 basics from your deck, and better yet, can be used on a Chimchar or Cyndaquil for a first turn CFF (for 2)

And of course, I'll be the only one who sees any potential in this card, but if you really feel the need to, find a 1-1 spot for an MD Aerodactyl. each Telepass, each Cosmic Power, each Energy Draw, Serene Grace, Torrid Wave, etc. that they use is a free 20 damage to their Pokemon.

I hope that these deck changes can help you out! Have fun with your Infernape Deck!

P.S. Oh and raise your hand if you can AFFORD the 60 dollar TSD, because I sure can't.

Last edited:
Oh PLEASE NO!!! I beg you not to build this deck or even suggest it could work. It would be to horibble to even think about... *shudders*

Hmm, that's a great way too shoot down somebodies deck idea...

Anyway, this list looks pretty good but... i never thought about playing it with the Togekiss. That Monferno is quite mean also. Anyway, this looks like a good deck, i think it may work out pretty well, and even if this deck plays 2 Stage 2 pokemon, Monferno is a pretty good Stage 1 if you have too go through it. Nice list :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back