Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Appr=Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Threatz

Heres a decc ive been toying with on apprentice, and im wonderin if i could take it to cities... It works out pretty good, I just think its missing something.

Pokemon
4 Zubat DS
2 Golbat DS
4 Crobat d
3 Mawile CG
2 Mew ex
2 Rayquaza ex d
1 Holon's Castform
1 Holon's Magnemite

5 Lightning Energy
5 Grass Energy
2 Holon Energy GL
2 Holon's Magneton
1 Metal Energy

3 Cessation Crystal
3 Rare Candy
3 Holon Transceiver
2 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Researcher
1 Holon Scientist
2 Celio's Network
2 Scott
2 Copycat
2 Cursed Stone
1 Holon Legacy
1 Battle Frontier

*Strategy*
Get crobat out ASAP... Try to abuse Cessation Crystal/Cursed Radar jam combo... Rayquaza ex d is an excellent supporter pokemon. As well as mew ex... Lemme kno what you guys think... I'd love for he decc to work.

I don't know about the effectiveness of Radar Jam. It's semi-decent. CC for 30 and your opponent can't play any non-supporter trainers is alright. But I think because crobat d is a stage 2, it might not be worth setting up just for that one attack. Even with the release of Dragonite ex d, I still feel Manectric ex has the best lockdown attack. It's a stage 1 and can easily get it done on T2, which IMHO, is when it really matters. And it does 40 damage, which is what many pokemon do on T2 without an effect!

How fast can you get out a crobat d with 2 energy on it? If your primary starter is Mawile, you can most likely kiss your first and second turn goodbye. Maybe fourth turn? Fifth-Sixth turn on average? Whenever you can get one out, just how effective will it be? It only has 90HP, which is pushing it against any of the new cards that might could KO it, and it has a pretty bad weakness (psychic) which is just getting stronger and stronger as the format continues. Even if you can survive for a few turns (very few most likely), just how effective is doing 30 damage and locking non-supporters? After Crobat d is gone, and before it started attacking, the opponent had many chances to play the non-supporter trainers they wanted. I just don't see the opponent really suffering from the loss of non-supporter trainers for a few turns. Once they get something built, they might be able to OHKO every Crobat d you send up.

I'd like to give you good advice to help the deck, but personally, I don't see it working that well. I feel the only real way to abuse the non-supporter lock is to get it out really early, and hold it. It doesn't seem like you can do either with this deck.

You can accomplish the same thing with Mew ex if you run Manectric ex. You can even run the Rayquaza ex d with it, since it does compliment Mewtric in some fashion. That's what I would recommend.

Good luck with your deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back