Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Arceus EX

Fox_Master51

A while ago in the gossip forums, I thought up an idea for Arceus EX. And today i thought, to make it not insanely broken, Arceus could be the first ACE SPEC Pokemon. At least in theory. Here it is:

Arceus EX 190 hp Dragon
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Multitype
Once during your turn(before you attack), if there is a Basic Energy
attached to this Pokemon, you may have this Pokemon become the
type of that Basic Energy until the end of your opponent's next turn.
(If there is more than one type of Basic Energy attached to this
Pokemon, you may chose whichever of those types you like).

:colorless::colorless::colorless: Divine Blast 90
Flip a coin. If heads, you may move as many Energy attached to
this Pokemon to your Benched Pokemon in any way you like. If tails,
discard 3 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Dragon x2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: :colorless::colorless:

Pokemon EX Rule: If Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, the
opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

ACE SPEC Rule: You may only have 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

Last edited:
I wouldn't play it even if it was 4 of in a deck. Sub-par attack, bad retreat, bad weakness, and an ability that requires you to run bunches of different energies and hope you hit the type you need.

I wouldn't play it even if it was 4 of in a deck. Sub-par attack, bad retreat, bad weakness, and an ability that requires you to run bunches of different energies and hope you hit the type you need.

Hohoho, how shortsighted of you. In theory, Vileplume from Boundaries Crossed would be it's prime benefactor. OHKO any thing for weakness. And whatever Energy you use depends on your meta. Right now you'd probably want :grass:, :fighting:, :psychic:, and maybe :lightning:. You don't necessarily need every kind of Energy. And who needs hope when you have Energy grabbing cards. And its retreat isn't bad. Compared to other EX's I'd say that's pretty fair. And sure it's weakness isn't the best but keep in mind, Dragon types are weak against other Dragon types. That should be common knowledge at this point.

I didn't wanna make it so insanely broken, that it would overpower everything else. So I set limits that seemed reasonable, but still be a strong option for certain decks. But if that's your opinion then oh well. Sorry.:frown:

Arceus isn't a dragon primarily though. It's a normal type. And if it was 4 per deck, MAYBE, but stil, probably not because of the if tails discard all energyeis.

Considering the HP you put on this thing, I think it's retreat cost should be a little higher. Also why does it have a Resistance to C? That doesn't make any sense.

But Vileplume is actually kind of a bad card.

Even if the attack did 80 I wouldn't really be impressed, but 90 would be pretty overpowered.

I have 3 questions:

What does HP have to do with Retreat Cost?

How is Vileplume BRC a bad card?

And does it matter if it's Dragon or not?

Based on the EX's I've seen, HP has little to do with Retreat Cost. Take the Rayquazas for example. Rayquaza EX has 170hp and 1 RC. Rayquaza DV has 120hp and 3 RC.

Vileplume may be a benchsitter most of the time, but It is doing rather well in Japan. Sure it may not translate to the Americas, but this is Create-a-Card so we're talkin' theory.

Whether it's Dragon or not shouldn't matter because it could be any other type and I like Dragon Arceus the most so I chose Dragon. Plus Normal (or in this case Colorless) Arceus is too easy. Plus nothing in the current meta is weak to colorless.

Plus coin flip is easily solved by Fliptini. AND given Divine Blast's effect I think 60 is pretty fair. But if you want me to bump up the damage I'd be happy to accommodate you.

...i think its ok. it has decent stats overall and attack is nice with energy search. BUT... I would make it discard 2 energy instead of 3.
BTW this would be nice with Ho-Oh ex

Back