Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Are there Rentals in Colisseum?

Sunflorazumarill

I been wondering this for a while, but if you remember in Pokémon Stadiums 1 and 2, you could use Rental Pokémon for battles. I just need to know, are there Rental in Colisseum or can you only use the ones in your own Ruby or Sapphire game or any you obtain in the RPG section?

If there ARE Rentals, can you tell me if it's every single Pokémon there is, or only the ones that are in Ruby/Sapphire?

yay, random teams... one of my favorite/most hated things of Poke Stadium 2.... Having to beat everyone with whatever Pokes they assign you, a lot of luck and skill involved here, very challenging, but incredibly hard....

Spectreon said:
yay, random teams... one of my favorite/most hated things of Poke Stadium 2.... Having to beat everyone with whatever Pokes they assign you, a lot of luck and skill involved here, very challenging, but incredibly hard....
Oh good Goddish. I hated the Challenge Cup. I never could beat even the Hyper difficulty on the second "level" of Stadium. Too bloody hard, even when I got a perfect Curselax. >_<

i got a curseleytuff once... that, was kind of freaky. Besides, random play ruins the whole point of pokémon: become one with your monsters.

It doesnt ruin it, IMO... it inhances it... I mean sure I can win with my Pokemon, but to win with Pokemon I didnt even train.. that says alot... I have perfect 5-0 record in local GBA tourneys to back up my experience at RuSa, so I have some room to talk... Yes oneness is one thing, but winning based on pure knowledge, and moxy, that is something to brag about... btw... beat everything on PS2, including all levels of Challenge cup, rounds 1 and 2..... sure it wasnt easy, but it was fun....

Marril said:
Oh good Goddish. I hated the Challenge Cup. I never could beat even the Hyper difficulty on the second "level" of Stadium. Too bloody hard, even when I got a perfect Curselax. >_<

What does Curselax mean???

Curselax is a Snorlax with a certain moveset, including Curse. One example of a Curselax set is Curse/Rest/Sleep Talk/Body Slam. There are other variants, but the concept remains the same. Use Curse to boost Snorlax's attack stat, then wail on the opponent with your damage attack. Used correctly, Curselax is very hard to take out, except with a Pokémon with Haze or the ability to KO Snorlax before the strategy can kick in (which is difficult, believe me).

The Curselax in question was of this style: Curse, Rest, Double-Edge, Earthquake, @Mint Berry (or whatever removes sleep)

Its basic premise is that you Curse until you're almost dead, then Rest and be instantly at full health, with a vastly increased Attack, plus similarly increased Defense. Snorlax has no Special weaknesses, so after this moveset goes off, you can sweep the other team with impunity. Curselax was more deadly than most of the 00bers this way.

Also, a common counter that was tried was Machamp with Cross Chop, for the increased critical hit rate. It wasn't the most practical answer to Curselax.

I can see why. Actually, my best counter to Curselax is a pretty cheap trick too -- a Poliwrath with the Mind Reader/Fissure combo. Far from perfect, but it does take out any annoying staller in two turns when it works.

Well, what can I say? Your moveset was a good example of a Curselax. You're right that Haze is faster, but it's not the only effective way to beat Curselax. It is probably the best way, though.

again, brings my objection to teaching a pokémon a move to defeat a single pokémon whose largely unavailable in the english playing field anyway. On top of that, he's an archetype of a single pokémon whose largely unavailable in the english playing field.

Hazing or Psuedo Hazing is a must, even without CurseLax... Several other Cursing, C Minding, and B Uppers out there, or Dtemers as well.... I am very guilty of some of these.... and while CurseLax is widely available here, it is VERY, legally, availble to me!!!!

mine is as of now....

Snorlax @ Chesto
Curse
Rest
Shadow Ball
E-Quake (will be changed to Return though, so I can hit Normal/Flying types)

Now if that wasnt bad enough, at level 50 it has 31 IV points, and 1 EV level shy of having perfect AT score... Its SD and HP were boosted a little, and are high as well, and most Specail Attacks hit for nearly nothing...

I dont know why Nintendo felt the need to allow Curse to stay on Lax, it doesnt need it, but I will abuse it if they want me too.... =)

Look, can we get back to the problem at hand and tell me whether or not there are rentals in Colliseum? And I don't mean like in the Challenge Cup either.

Back