Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Armaldo Ex VS Tyranitar Ex

Bottesini

If Armaldo Ex (while the dual body power is active) from LM attacks Tyranitar Ex From UF does it take 4x the damage?

That would be pretty devistating to the t-tar player. Both are beasts, but I think the almaldo has the edge in the current format.

no you can only take 1 weakness not double weakness. That would be like double sleep or double paralysis, does not happen.

Poliwag92 said:
no you can only take 1 weakness not double weakness. That would be like double sleep or double paralysis, does not happen.
you dont know what you're talking about. it does happen. this issue first came up when gengar ex was released vs magma's claydol.

For the record, here is the relevant ruling from the Compendium:

== WEAKNESS AND RESISTANCE

Q. If Kecleon has two different colored basic energies attached, and it attacks a Pokémon with weakness to both of those colors (i.e. Kabutops-EX), is the weakness calculation doubled because Kecleon is both types?
A. Sure. Damage would be up to x4 for the appropriate double Weakness. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Edited to remove the first one which, after re-reading it, isn't related to this at all. XD

Lol, thats hilarious. I always though it would do 3x the damage... Teching in a Keckleon could be pretty nice against Dual Weakness Ex's! It's pretty much an easy 80 dmg.

i think this may have stopped t-tar decks from being used as often in upcomming tournaments,i wouldn't risk that!

Back