Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Attach/Discard Unown G

rpatt

Can I attach an energy card of a type not specified on a card to that card? Or can I only attach the type of energy specified on that card? My question concerns Unown G, which uses Colorless and Psychic enrgy. Can I attach say a Fire or Electric energy? Or can I only attach Colorless and Psychic energy? I am assuming that as the card says you 'may discard all cards attached' you have to discard at least one card to use it as a Pokemon Tool.

Also about Unown G. Can I play the card from my hand to the bench, attach an energy card to it, discard the energy card and attach it as a Pokemon Tool all in the same turn?

You can attach any energy card to any Pokemon as long as it is not restricted per the text on the card.
For example, you couldn't attach a Double Rainbow Energy to Unown G because it says on DRE that it can only be attached to an evolved Pokemon.
Other than that, no problem. You can attach a Fire or an electric if you want.

You don't have to discard any cards in order to activate it's power, though!
That phrase just means that if anything is attached, you have to discard it.

You can play it and turn it into a Tool all in the same turn. Attaching (and discarding) an energy card is optional.
I can see where that would actually be useful for some decks, but you don't have to attach an energy card first.

Back