Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Attendance Limit

So last years numbers for Nationals were...

Juniors - 206
Seniors - 207
Masters - 532

With Regionals up by about 29% and States up by over 32%, it seems a certainty that each age group will exceed the guaranteed registration spots. (And it sounds like some believe it may WELL exceed the number of spots due to no entry fee this year.)

I believe the "register early" guidance is in effect.

Based solely on my numbers from the Regionals thread, the projection for Nationals this year would be...

Junior: 226
Senior: 253
Master: 770

Based on my States numbers, the projection for Nationals would be...

Junior: 249
Senior: 243
Master: 783

What those numbers tell me is that the Juniors and Seniors will be close to the maximum, while the Masters will blast that number away by over 200 people. And I haven't taken into account the venue change to a stronger OP area (St. Louis is stronger than Columbus naturally) and to a free venue. I sincerely hope that PCI doesn't listen to themselves on this. It's be nice to brag to my League store about Pokemon having a 1200+ person Nationals...

They drop these #'s to meet America's Center seating restrictions. Guarenteed they will find a way if they needed to to stretch the limit on the cap. POP's main focus is how many they get now how will they fill it. If they get over that # which Saturday will prove it then they will move the cap forward to satisfy the player base.

All i know is if i have to wait an hour on line ill wait to be one of first players to pre register Friday :thumb:

Back