Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Austin, TX Prerelease report from Dragons Lair.

EricDent, I was also at the Austin PreRelease but I came away with a completely different experience. It could not have been more enjoyable. I am very grateful for the work our TO puts in to run these events for us. I think you should reflect upon the first tenet of “Spirit of the Game,” which is to have fun. It doesn't sound like you are having fun because you seem to have a complaint about just about everything, from the way the event is run, to the cards your opponents play against you, to the fact that one of your opponents was deaf (I am sure it was difficult for HIM to play against YOU). You were even disappointed in the raffle prize you won even though there were many players who did not win anything.

The store does not have to let this TO hold any events in their store. So, if they are not happy with the TO, they can stop him from using their gaming area. This store is the biggest, nicest, and cleanest gaming store I have ever visited for any Pokemon tournament. I do not think they got to this position being a poorly managed business. So, I would have to think if they have concerns with the TO, the store management would take up those concerns with the TO, and not just commiserate with you about him and TPCi.

Our TO only runs the four PreReleases and one Cities each year in Austin. I highly recommend you contemplate avoiding these events and just stick to the league at the store. That way, you can perhaps recapture “Spirit of the Game” and truly enjoy Pokemon.

OK I am here to apologize for my rudeness.
It is technically illegal to play with the promo card (according to a mod over on Pokebeach's "ask the professor" area.
However some orginizers do let you play with it.

As for the packs being sold, as long as it's after the street date of the release it's OK.
The release date was supposed to be November 5th, but due to Walmart breaking street date on October 31, they moved it up to November 1.

I am sorry for all the trouble.

I agree with the response about Dragons Lair being a great location to play in.
Way better than the previous location of the store which was incredibly crowded & hot.

Back