Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Australian Nationals: I Came 3rd.

pikachu*

best match : Aaron

favourite part of all nationals : COming third and having a good time, also gteting 98/100 of MD.

prizes : Meh.

judging : Good.

jason: terrible.

so : was Andrew for coming 3rd AGAIN.

cool : Sean and Aaron Won . TEAM PLOX FTW.

lame : Jared getting a game loss.

pro : Aaron

noob : andrew for coming 3rd.

props : take it easy (Peter, Jared and Sean Know). And Team Plox =D.

slops : Sean for winning lol jokes. :p.

this : is completely pointless

my deck used : G&G/Plox/Pikachu*.dec/Bannydoom/Infernape/AMU/AYE/Owned.

lesson : T8 All the way.

my record : 5-1

my bros record : 0-0

pro people equals : Aaron, Jared, Peter, Sean, Marcus, and that dude that drinks vodka. (Jason isn't here cause i don't want him to be here.)

lame people equals : Jason. Owned.

to be: Finished?

the : end?

dotdotdot ?

Peace Out.

Nah joking.

Sam’s Nationals Report.

Note: Skip Down to Saturday if you don’t want to read the trip there.

Beginning of the week: I was planning what I was going to use. It is a tough decision, I planned to use either Banny or Magmortar/Blaziken. Both of the decks had already been proven to win, with banny winning states for Alan and Magmortar winning me battle roads. So the decision was between them two. I have been working on Banny all week, and I have made a much more “improved” version of it. But Magmortar is a more powerful deck.

Wednesday: I went to the library after school and played around with banny. It won me several games against “BMC” and “SpeedDrill“. After I left the library and went to get macca’s for dinner. After that I stayed up late on MSN and talked to people about what deck I should play. They all thought I should play Plox.

Thursday: I got up at about 8:30 and got packed and ready to go to the airport. I got to the airport at about 10:20 just before the boarding of the flight. I got into the plane and flew down to Melbourne. After we got down we took a shuttle bus to southern cross station. Once we got there we met up with Jared and had hungry jack’s. After we had some food, we met up with Sean and went to his house. We went outto bowling that night I won J.

Friday: We went to game on at about 1030. We met up with peter there, and went inside. It wasn’t that good because all of the good games were already being used and they had a big line. Afterwards, me and Peter had some practice games. Then Sean came. We left to Card Heaven and played in the speed thingy. I came second, and yeah. But I got all the Plox cards I needed to use, and I decided that I would use it for nationals.

Saturday: We all got up late following a very late night. I got my deck ready with Pikachu Sleeves and left to the venue. We got there to not see many people. I was a bit worried cause we don’t want a low amount of people there. Anyway we turned out to have about 65 All up which was a fair bit more people than last year. Anyway got my list written out and handed it. To be called up to the judges “4 TIMES” lol.

Round 1 Vs. David S w/ Latios, Raikou, Mantine and Sableye Cg
Analysis: I was a bit worried going into this one because David is a really good player.
Game 1: I get crystal Beach locked really early on and I have trouble attacking. I ran out of psychic energies lol. So I had to night maintenance them back into my deck. Then I got out my dusknoir and swept.
Game 2: This one didn’t last long, but I was winning on prizes at the end so I won.

Good Game David.
1-0 (2-0)

Round 2: Vs Somebody? W/ Peliper/???
Game 1: Win
Game 2: Win

Good Game?
2-0 (4-0)

Lunch Break: Vs KFC w/ French Fries.
Game 1: I got out the Chips and started to through them around the place lol. Then I owned Jared in the head lol.
Game 2: It was pretty boring cause I had to go.

Your Secret Herbs and Spices are terrible :p.

Round 3: Vs. Jared I w/ Plox
Analysis I went into this one thinking that he would win cause f his blastoise tech.
Game 1: He got a terrible start and I got a alright start. I set up then just…. Won. I Thought he was running dusknoir as well lol. So I only played the game with 3 pokemon on my bench. Sorry I can’t remember.
Game 2: I got a pretty bad start and he got a good one, but I was able to hold my prizes lead to win.

Good Game Jared
3-0 (6-0)

Round 4: Vs Stuart w/ Crobat/Garde/Absol
Analysis: I saw a absol SW when he was shuffling. That made me a bit worried.
He started off with absol and Baleful winded me. I got out a claydol T3 and got out a furret then too. Keen eyed for a rare candy and dusknoir, Evolved and got rid of his powered up, Kirla. Then I won,
Game 2: He only had a Ralts out the entire game. So I won.

Good Game Dude.
4-0 (8-0)

Round 5: Vs Shaun M w/ Blaziken/Furret/Flygon ex D
Analysis: He played with a way too big bench, so I decided dusknoir would be useful.
Game 1: He played with a way big bench and I beat him down for a while. The he made a come back, I fliped over my last 2 prizes with Psychic Cut and Got the Rare Candy. From there on I had the match.
Game 2: I had nothing for ages, But I was still able to pull the win :p.

During the night we thought that it was going to be a top cut of 8 but people on gym started a rant thread and yeah it went to top 4 for seniors. So It begun. I had to vs. aaron : (.

T4: Vs. Aaron w/ Mirror

Game One: I owned him.
Game 2: he Plox me for loss.
Game 3: He got a T1 Grdevoir GG lol.

Good game aaron lol.

I came 3rd.

Props:

Aaron Winning (Finally) lol.
Jared.
Sean Winning :p.
Team Plox.
Team Eevelutions.
Jared wearing the DOMINOS clothes.
Peter for being awesome :p.
Undefeated in Swiss.
Awesome Weekend.
Seans Parents for paying a nice meal and letting me crash at there house the whole weekend.

Slops:

Security People: They weren't very nice.

Thats all. Thanks to all the judges and everyone who played. NATIONALS 08 are in BRISBANE :p.

also you know ur slops? you traded for the wrong pokedex (FRLG) thinking they were legit...... LOL

Good job Sam... still sounds like you were unlucky in the mirror, but Gallade was never going to be your friend compared to Aaron :). Sam knows but I kinda like... really hate Gallade and Gardevoir as in the cards... for everyone else playing at home. Still you did a good job to go undefeated in Swiss...

Is there any way you can get to worlds?

It's actually Peter G lol :p. Cause he is a mad guy, but i guess you can think it is you :p. Anyways I can go to worlds so i will see you all at worlds. And i know that pokedex was different to the other one, i just like the art. Energy Switch is pro people :p. Lolz.

1st in AP for rankings, Congrats buddy :D

Both of the last year Nat Champ is going to WORLDS via rankings :)

Back