Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegacyEeveeVGC

I have seen the show at first and thought it was kinda kiddy and after I watched more and more I found it has a well based plot with soem great twist and in the final book (Fire) it seems to get alittle darker wiht the sub-bending of Blood....

I'm definately a fan of Avatar, been watching it since the first episode. It may have the "kiddy" status since it's on Nickelodeon, but it's definately a great show.

Why is this in the anime forum, Avatar the Last Airobender is not an Anime. However it is prolly the best Nick show ever put on the air.

I liked the old Doug show when I was younger.

Wow, I really liked this. And then I decided I didn't any more =D
Now, I really only like fantastic animes.

It's not Japanese. It certainly borrows a lot from the Asian style of animation. It's got a good story and good characters as well. I haven't seen all the episodes, but I probably will try over Winter break or something like that...

I've been watching this show since day one, and it's a pretty impressive series for a North American anime. It's in its third and final season right now, and there's going to be a huge, climactic battle in the form of a one-hour special just a few weeks from now (November 30th). In recent episodes, though, we've been getting more decorative, less plot-oriented content (they're fillers, but not really). Some fans are disappointed by the shift, but the general consensus is that they're getting it out of their system before the invasion.

It's so good. :thumb:
I've liked this season. I like the plot development with Zuko. The one with gambling Toff was kinda weak but I think Katarra learning blood bending was a significant episode. I was kinda surprised they showed how the Fire Nation locked up the Water benders. A little more darker/realistic image than they usually show from the war.

Yeah, the bloodbending episode was very nice. I liked "The Avatar and the Fire Lord" a lot, as well, because of the professional way they handled Roku's backstory.

You know, bloodbending can get creepy. Think about it, instead of controlling their blood, why not just rip it out and kill them? But then, that wouldn't fit in well with the kiddy image it tries to promote with Nickelodeon.

I can see it now, in the future: Katara will give a blood transfusion.
rofl

I can't wait to see more of Zuko talking with his uncle.

no Animé = Japanese Animation.

It ultimately doesn't, the definition you fanboys have superimposed on it holds no weight, and it's nice to not have to read all the time to understand an anime (please don't tell me to learn a useless language for the single purpose of understanding cartoons, thanks)

Holy crap, people give words meanings! News at eleven!

There's literally no reason for an English speaking person to refer to an American cartoon as "anime." Thus, the term, as used outside of Japan, has come to imply Japanese animation (or the style of it).

Regardless, I think we've gone through this schtick before. Anime Realm is pretty much for animation of any sort.

Holy crap, people give words meanings! News at eleven!

There's literally no reason for an English speaking person to refer to an American cartoon as "anime." Thus, the term, as used outside of Japan, has come to imply Japanese animation (or the style of it).

Regardless, I think we've gone through this schtick before. Anime Realm is pretty much for animation of any sort.

Holy crap, attempt at clearing name failed due to conflicting viewpoints

If we want to get technical, cartoon != animation. So, why is it that we think about animation whenever someone says cartoon? It's because we give the word cartoon an extra meaning, something we associate heavilly with it, but is not in the actual definition of the word. Because of this, whenever someone mentions a cartoon, we infer that they are talking about an animated cartoon.

So, anime == animated cartoon. However, the implied meaning, outside of Japan, is anime == Japanese animated cartoon (or the Japanese cartooning style).

If you look you can find the hour special and the episode leading to it online.
Spoiler:
The day of black sun's invasion ends in complete failure.Aang does not even come in contact with Ozai.Iroh escapes from jail,Zuko betrays his father and is following the Avatar to join him.Alot of adults from past eps are stranded in the fire nation while their children escape on Oppa(with Aang).Currently they are heading to the Western air temple.

Its an iteresting show(drawing attention AWAY from a stupid argument this time!) and I started watching it about midway through the show.
I've seen results from unofficial anime message board polls(who do consider Avatar anime and don't argue about a pointless and better left alone definition like you guys) and suprisingly the result was more people prefer Avatar over Naruto. From what I've seen, although you people might not be in love with Naruto, its a very big show.
Avatar, when made, was directed at younger viewers. I'm not just saying this because its on Nickalohooha. But it seems to have attracted almost the opposite(refering to teenagers etc). I find it interesting that people actually like a show like this. I find it iteresting that I like a show like this.....

Sadly I have not seen the most recent episodes because I'm always at the league playin Pokeymanz when its showing.:nonono: I did see the first episode of the new season though. I must say this is the first time I have heard anything about blood bending but I'm really not suprised. I hope I can catch back up with the series.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back