Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Badboar in Magneboar

Mama_Luigi

Is this really needed?
I've been testing with it, but I have never used it. I mean, it's nice to have as a back up, but I'd much rather free two spaces.
And, I do play 1 reshiram in here.

Personally, I would rather those spaces go to 2 more consistenscy cards.
I find that Badboar has just been a dead draw in Play testing. Are you running 2-2 RDL? If not, try it out.

Badboar will win you the Donphan matchup every time. EVERY. TIME.

Y'know, until you see Zoroark. But still, I've found it incredibly useful.

Try replacing your badboars to add the extra RDL full and see how you like it :)

*Plucks 70 dollars off of money tree*

I kind of forgot about donchamp right now tbh :p (It's midnight here, I should probably get some sleep)

For that reason though, I'm almost definitely keeping it.
Thanks guys :)

I have to agree, i said the same thign after testing. RDL completely covers its spot in the Donphan/Machamp match-up and other then that, it only helped in KOing babies, twice in over 30 games of testing. The space couldd efiantely go to consistancy cards.

Not sure I agree with the above posters.

At the moment, I am running Badboar in my Magneboar build, and I have found it useful. It's another option that's very helpful against certain matchups. Without it, you will certainly lose to anything running Umbreon. With it, you have a slim chance of victory. Without it, your DonChamp matchup probably hovers around 50-50. With it, you're around 60-40 or 70-30. The ability to KO anything in the game (excepting T-Tar Prime) is fantastic, and although Magnezone can do it, Magnezone has its weaknesses.

I find that it's not especially difficult to stack two Lightning and two Fire on a Badboar, especially if I'm already set up otherwise. The thing that makes Magneboar great is that it has many options. Badboar is simply another option.

politoed, umbreon doesnt wall abilities, like inferno fandango.

So you're going to attach four energies to the Ability Emboar to take out one Umbreon in two hits? In all likelihood, they'd simply retreat the Umbreon after you do 80 to it, bring something up, and kill the Emboar. The Badboar also has the benefit of being able to KO stuff other than Umbreon.

150 for 4 or 80 for 4.

Try replacing your badboars to add the extra RDL full and see how you like it :)

QFT. I'd rather have a 2-2 RDL than a 3-1-2/1 emboar. RDL is allot more useful. At least if you're an agressive player like I am. ;) I love using that thing, so much viability in this format, and is an all around really good card. Magneboar is definitely going to be THE play for nats.

I'd say just play one Badboar. Two will screw with your consistancy, seeing as it's more likely that both AbilityBoars will be prized. One will still give you the extra options without being a hindrance.

Not sure I agree with the above posters.

At the moment, I am running Badboar in my Magneboar build, and I have found it useful. It's another option that's very helpful against certain matchups. Without it, you will certainly lose to anything running Umbreon. With it, you have a slim chance of victory. Without it, your DonChamp matchup probably hovers around 50-50. With it, you're around 60-40 or 70-30. The ability to KO anything in the game (excepting T-Tar Prime) is fantastic, and although Magnezone can do it, Magnezone has its weaknesses.

I find that it's not especially difficult to stack two Lightning and two Fire on a Badboar, especially if I'm already set up otherwise. The thing that makes Magneboar great is that it has many options. Badboar is simply another option.

you do know that you can just attack with abiliboar or reshiram against umbreon?

Reshiram already Kos Umbreon, that isn't a problem. Badboar needs more set-up more space and risks discard 2 more energy for 30 more damage.

Back