Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Banette -PL

Lass

I normally don't like to question my local rules team on there rulings however i just want to know how this would work so i don't want to go any farther into what happened.

Banette - PL 19

Darkness Switch is used I have 6 damage on my active bannette and my opponent has 9 damage on his active gengar - SF 18

what would be the result

A. 60 damage is added to the gengar making a total of 150 knocking out the gengar fainting spell does not go off because the damage was put not done

B. The 60 damage on banette is moved to the gengar and the 90 damage on gengar is moved to banette knocking out the banette.

C. A. 60 damage is added to the gengar making a total of 150 knocking out the gengar fainting spell does go off

Darkness Switch states
Discard an energy card attached to banette and then switch all damage counters on banette with those on the defending pokemon.

"local rules team"?
I didn't know we had franchises!

B is the correct answer.
It says "switch" the damage counters. Although it is better to phrase it as "The 6 damage counters on Banette are moved to Gengar and the 9 damage counters on Gengar are moved to Banette, Knocking Out the Banette."

There is a difference in Damage and damage counters, as your question about Fainting Spell notes.

Back