Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Banned Cards

lugia

I know u can only use cards E- on cards but what cards from those sets r banned?
PS: If I use say a grass energy to use as a normal energy and I use a card to recall it to my hand
can I put it out as a grass energy??? THNX!

Last edited:
There are currently no banned cards in Modified. Modified consists of Expedition, Aquapolis, Skyridge, EX Ruby and Sapphire, EX Sandstorm, EX Dragon, EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua, EX Hidden Legends, and Nintendo Promos (001-Over). If an older card is printed in any of those sets, like Switch, you may use an older version.

I do not understand what you are saying about Grass Energy... are you saying that the Grass represents a proxy card?
-Phil

I almost sorta think I kinda understand what he means with the grass energy thing....

Lugia:

If a pokemon has a colorless attack cost, like, for example, base set rattata's bite attack:

:colorless Bite 20

And you attach a :grass: energy to it, you have satisfied the requirement for its attack, and may use it. However, just because the attack's requirement is a colorless energy (or, if you prefer, an energy of any color- "colorless" is actually sort of a misnomer, because it is the presence of any color that satisfies the condition, rather than the absence of all color), does not change the :grass: energy attached to rattata to a :colorless energy. The grass stays grass , without regards to whether it is attached to rattata to be used for a colorless attack or not. Thus, if it was put back into your hand, it would still be grass . On rattata, it is still :grass: . There are a few pokemon powers that can change that (a porygon, a lanturn), but the card itself stays a grass energy. This becomes important in game play, because there are a number of pokemon that do damage based upon the number of a certain type of energy in play: Hidden Legends Gorebyss does ten more damage for each :psychic: energy in play, regardless of what type of attack the :psychic: energy in play is meant to be powering.

Hope that helps, and hope I understood your question,

Cheers,

Back