Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BeautyChomp (Beautifly PL/Garchomp LV.X MD) [MD-on]

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnpsy

Note: This deck is for my 12-year-old brother, who will be in Seniors next season.

BeautyChomp (60)

Pokemon (20)

1 Azelf [:setsLA:]
1-0-3 Beautifly [:setsPT:-x-:setsPT:]
4-2-3-1 Garchomp LV.X [:setsSV:-:setsSV:-:setsSV:-:setsMD:]
1 Regice [:setsLA:]
1 Unown Q [:setsMD:]
3 Uxie [:setsLA:]

Trainers (16)

Trainers (12)

1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Premier Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Warp Point

Tools (3)

3 Expert Belt

Supporters (9)

3 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Volkner's Philosophy

Stadiums (2)

2 Broken Time-Space

Energy (13)

3 :colorless::colorless: Energy
10 :grass: Energy

Strategy

Discard Beautifly and 3 :grass: Energy with Regice over the course of two turns while setting up Garchomp LV.X. Use Restore to revive Beautifly and attach the 3 :grass: Energy to it. Manually attach one next turn and attack.

Quite often, Beautifly and Garchomp are both ready by turn 2-3 (minus the LV.X), and then a Garchomp with 3 energy on it proceeds to sweep the opponent's side with Speed Impact. In all other cases, Beautifly comes back at max potential for 70+ damage.

Last edited:
Maybe take out the Beedrill lines for a 2-2 Sunflora as it does the exact same thin but is quicker to get out and then put in another 2 communication as well as two bebe's to help early search.

Try taking out two weedles and throw in two Bebes. Otherwise, interesing and pretty good deck.

Maybe take out the Beedrill lines for a 2-2 Sunflora as it does the exact same thin but is quicker to get out and then put in another 2 communication as well as two bebe's to help early search.

Weedle evolves into a Kakuna from the deck. Kakuna evolves into a Beedrill from the deck. They themselves speed the deck up by bringing themselves out - and decrease the amount of cards remining in the deck so that excess copies aren't drawn as often. Due to that, Beedrill is faster than Sunflora. Not only that, but Beedrill's attack is actually usable, and its HP isn't within most Pokemon's OHKO range.

Try taking out two weedles and throw in two Bebes. Otherwise, interesing and pretty good deck.

I would have done that, but a few changes were just done to make the deck more productive. Pokedex HANDY910is was replaced with Premier Ball, allowing the amount of Garchomp LV.Xs to go down, thus allowing an increase in regular Garchomps. This increases consistency all over on its own, but a 3rd Gible and a Wurmple were also added for consistency sakes, and to open up a donk with Beautifly against Sableye. I also cut a Uxie to lower the rate of bad starts.

There's an issue with this deck - that issue is bad starts. Starting with Regice, Uxie or Azelf causes an instant loss most of the time. 6 of the 13 Basic Pokemon in the deck are bad starts. This is why the deck ran 4-2-2 Beedrill, the 4 Weedle help tremendously to stop Uxie starts.

With all of this stuff, it's hard to find room for anything.

And thanks for the compliment. :smile:

EDIT: Replaced Communication with Bebe's.

EDIT2: Messed with a whole slew of stuff.

Last edited:
So, what are the problems with it now? Still the bad starts?

I have no idea how to remedy that. I'd say just try to get the bad starting Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible - you do have Warp Points in there to get them out of the way.

So, what are the problems with it now? Still the bad starts?

I have no idea how to remedy that. I'd say just try to get the bad starting Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible - you do have Warp Points in there to get them out of the way.

Yeah, most of the issues of bad starts have some sort of fixes in here by way of searching power - drawing Collector or Bebe's in the same hand as the bad start can help fix the issue. Having Warp Point is convenient, and having an SSU on hand is even better.

But yeah. The problem is that the only attacks that one will want to use while playing this deck, aside from Garchomp, Garchomp LV.X, and Beautifly's attacks, are Speed Evolution and Ascension. If Beedrill appears as quickly as possible, I can more easily get everything else going (either by searching the grass Pokemon I need, or searching a random Pokemon, sending it back with Communication or Bebe's). If Beautifly or a younger form appears quickly enough, one can charge it faster.

So yeah, this deck does everything right except the beginning. Drawing Uxie, Regice or Azelf in any combination without Weedle or Wurmple (or Gible, though Gible's a faily bad start itself) is a complete pain.

Here's a thought - a few Call Energies. If I were to add two or so, I'd have a chance of drawing it with those bad starts. And could use it to save myself in all of those cases.

you should probably just let your brother use gengar, machamp, or guess what a sp deck

He turned down all three when asked before. Seriously, people don't HAVE to use that popular stuff.

Call Energy would be great, but it's something I'd use as set of 3 or 4 for consistency's sake.

Also, when I think about it, you have quite a few options for popping Garchomp X from your deck, so I would remove that Premier Ball for an Expert Belt/Warp Point.

Call Energy would be great, but it's something I'd use as set of 3 or 4 for consistency's sake.

Also, when I think about it, you have quite a few options for popping Garchomp X from your deck, so I would remove that Premier Ball for an Expert Belt/Warp Point.

3+ Call Energy seems good. But how would I fit that without overloading on energy or drying up the Grass Energy?

Also, the Premier Ball is more for recovering Garchomp, but I see your point. However, wouldn't the new slot that's been opened up be better spent on the Call Energies?

It would. But I was thinking of only finding space for Fisherman/Palmer for that one suggestion. Right now, I wouldn't know where to find space for 3 Call Energy

It would. But I was thinking of only finding space for Fisherman/Palmer for that one suggestion. Right now, I wouldn't know where to find space for 3 Call Energy

Looks like you're getting my threads mixed up. You suggested Fisherman/Palmer in the Charizard topic - that deck doesn't have Premier Ball. As for this one, it WANTS stuff in the discard.

Anyways, removing a Premier Ball and a Cynthia's would work fine. I suppose removing the Regice may be the only other option.

EDIT: I may need to mess with the Pokemon lines here. Garchomp is only really needed for the LV.X, so I should likely add BTS in here for speed.

Last edited:
Haha, you're right!

Hmm... the only reliable methods of discarding would be Regice, Volkner's Philosophy, and Engineer's Adjustments. If you did go back to having Beautifly as a 0-0-4 or 0-0-3, I think teching in that Regice and 3 of either Volkner or Adjustments would be the way to go.

I just spoke to my brother, asking which one he wanted to be the main focus, discarding Beautifly and recharging or playing Beautifly and charging it up.

He said he prefers evolving it, but thinks that some discarding stuff should be in here for Garchomp to bring it out, and I agree with him. Garchomp's Restore means that the only thing one needs in an extra Grass Energy in hand, and preferably Expert Belt, and Beautifly can handle several things by itself.

I think something like 1-1-2 or 1-0-2 would end up as the most consistent as a Beautifly line. The only reasons to have more than one are a Beautifly being Prized or being put in the Lost Zone. Furthermore, running at least 1 Wurmple allows one to play Beautifly normally.

If this is done, the deck should probably be rebuilt completely, focusing on getting the stuff in the discard and Garchomp LV.X out within 2-3 turns.

Honestly, all can think of for a deck like that is:

1-0-2 Beautifly
3-2-3-1 Garchomp LV.X
1 Regice

3 Broken Time-Space

4 Poke Drawer +
4 Pokedex HANDY910is
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Premier Ball
4 Rare Candy

2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Volkner's Philosophy

4 :colorless::colorless: Energy
10 :grass: Energy

But that doesn't seem quite right. Mind helping me tweak that? - I don't even think it's 60 cards yet!

I would do

-3 call
+3 underground expidition

No, that's a horrible idea.

Hmm, what's the reason behind your preference in having only two Beautifly?

It can be searched by Bebe's and Communication. Another thing is to not have it clog while trying to get multiple energies and such. While trying to draw what's needed to get the job done quickly, I don't want to draw into 3 Beautifly when only one is really needed.

I see. When I see that the focus of the deck is to get Garchomp X restoring Beautifly to the bench, I would think that one should have 3-4 of it. Same for any deck running focused Stage 2 lines.

I see. When I see that the focus of the deck is to get Garchomp X restoring Beautifly to the bench, I would think that one should have 3-4 of it. Same for any deck running focused Stage 2 lines.

OK, I'll up that at 3. I'm also adding 3 Expert Belt. That makes the list:

Pokemon (18)

1 Azelf
1-0-3 Beautifly
4-2-3-1 Garchomp LV.X
1 Regice
2 Uxie

Staduims (2)

2 Broken Time-Space

Trainers (16)

1 Luxury Ball
4 Poke Drawer +
4 Pokedex HANDY910is
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Premier Ball
4 Rare Candy

Supporters (8)

2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Volkner's Philosophy

Tools (2)

2 Expert Belt

Energy (14)

4 Double Colorless Energy
10 Grass Energy

I'll test this version, now that it's hit 60. However, it's obvious that there are clear issues here, like inadequate draw power.

EDIT: testing shows this getting set-up by turn 2. Guess it was good after all. Putting it into the first post.

Last edited:
No Warp Points mean starting with Regice = Autoloss unless I use DCE.

That's it. So it's just fitting in two Warp Points or dealing with that on the rare chance it happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back