Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Beckett Pokemon Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oak

The Beckett Special dedicated to Pokemon is out. It is nothing like PoJo Total Pokemon, that was unfortunately available only through Amazon.com, at least that was the case in Toronto. This special is available in every Chapters bookstore, but it is not worth $14.99. It has only one article about Hidden Legends and 50+ pages of pictures. I assume that this magazine is for Pokemon fans. These fans buy cards and watch cartoons on TV. Do these fans need pictures of the very same cards that they buy on 20 pages and summary of the TV shows that they already watched on another 20, and only 2 pages on how to improve the game with now already old cards? They didn’t learn anything from Pojo, and they never will. Unless, of course, they are addressing kids younger than 5 market, then they are right on target. Their Anime monthly is equally useless, from the TCG strategy point of view. Too bad, since they are the only ones still publishing.

I never buy these magazines, I just go to the grocery store with my mom and read it while she's buyin veggies. I'm a fast reader when I want to be, and you're correct, they have forgotten almost completely about the TCG / games, let alone pokemon as a whole.

Picked it up yesterday for the Worlds article.
I chatted with the author, Steve Fritz while he was there.

By the way, does anyone know the online name of the TCG author, Michael Lucas? Assuming he is online, that is.

Anyone check out the Nationals (Origins) article in the summer issue of Games Quarterly Magazine? ;)

GymLeaderPhil said:
Was the most positive article I've seen on the subject of US Nationals. Must've taken a whole lot of work!
-Phil
Spoken very professionally. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back