Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Beckett to cease production of magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

immewnity

Front Page News Editor
Staff member
Source

Wow. I know there was a lawsuit involved, but I didn't expect this, at least not so soon.

Maybe this means that the POM will be a full magazine eventually? The logo is similar to Play Pokemon's font.

The link does not wrok

The server seems to be dead. Hopefully it'll be back up soon.

Basically, the article said that Beckett has sent out notices to subscribers telling them that their subscription will be changed to Beckett Game Strategyst.

Wait a minute,i was planing on submitting my collection to beckett.You know one of those article where people show off their poke stuff.

I was planing on submitting my sheet collection does that mean that dream is up in smoke or what?

It still beckett collectibles can pokemon still be shows as a collectible or is th elawsuit mainly because of a magazine full of pokemon?

Will i still be able to do this or no?

I like how the whole lawsuit is about trademark infringement, and then they use the Pokemon logo and Pikachu on the goodbye letter.

I like how the whole lawsuit is about trademark infringement, and then they use the Pokemon logo and Pikachu on the goodbye letter.

I found that quite ironic, too.

However, I don't think the lawsuit was about trademark infringement, more or less that Beckett was profiting directly from Pokemon without any money going to TPCi.

Actually surprised. I thought it would be settled with a paid license agreement. I guess the magazine does not bring in enough cash to make it worth pursuing a license from Pokemon.

Good riddance.
I could care less about Beckett and what happens to them.

I have never liked them or their magazines. (Any of them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back