BelleCon Retro Tournament in May

Discussion in 'Conventions' started by failtrainer, Apr 18, 2013.

1. failtrainer

failtrainer New Member

Hey all, this is my first post ever on here (I briefly looked for an intro board but I didn't notice one). I am not officially associated with this convention, but I stumbled upon it randomly fumbling through Google.

May 10 - 12th is a Japanese Culture convention called BelleCon, and they are going to have a Retro Tournament sometime during. Their definition of Retro is pre-Neo Genesis. So all decks have to be Base Set to Gym Challenge.

http://www.belleconventions.com/control.cfm?ID=55&cid=21DE28FB-1217-5C2E-5BBBE7DFCEB8DF49

That is the page so far. I already e-mailed them asking if we were allowed more than one deck or deck tuning between matches based on the page's wording. To that end, I was promptly answered that they weren't sure but if they allowed multiple decks, 2 would be the maximum. And if you could change cards in or out it'd have to be from a small group pre-approved alongside your deck.

It's in Jacksonville, Florida by the way.

I figure old cards really aren't on anyone's radar these days, but if you have the resources to build a deck it could be a fun blast from the past.

2. The Gorn

The Gorn New Member

That sounds like a blast.