Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BEst/your top movies of all time?

Porii Sames

Title.

My personal fave is 300, but I know it's not the best.

OTHERS:

The THing (1982)

What can I say, best horror/alien movie in existance. Freaked me out so much, and it actually has tension and is much more believeable than other horrors.

The Princess Bride

Hey. You can't NOT love this movie. It's so simple, fun, and just easily enjoyable as a movie.

Howl's Moving Castle

MAybe it's because I haven't watched too many anime movies, but this was lovely. Very unique movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sling Blade

Only movie where I have cried in it in the past year (though Toy Story 3 almost gets there), I can't believe that almost no one I know has seen this and I have only seen it recently. A perfect movie, I couldn't change a thing about it.

Toy Story 3

Nothing to say. YOu know how good it was.

Up

Again, nothing to say.

The Dark Knight

This was an absolutely amazing movie, albeit a BIT overrated, but the dark themes are really amazing, and it was good for the first Batman movie I saw (rest except for original weren't too great).

The Birds

I seriously need to watch more Hitchcock. Psycho didn't really jibe with me for some reason, andI haven't seen Vertigo or Rear Window, but The Birds did. That eerie and unusual horror that unfortunately spawned so many ripoffs today.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I'm not a huge Western/Spaghetti Western fan, but this and Few Dollars More were amazing. THis film is certainly one of Eastwood's finest.

Twelve Monkeys

After watching it 3 times, this movie amazes me with its confusion, but still manages to hold the plot together in spite of it.

Well, those are mine, what are yours?

Inception

The mind boggling plot and the awesome stunts, special effects and music make this a great movie.I had to watch it twice to fully understand the plot.

It is pretty good.

Just not nearly good enough as people made it out to be imo.

It's in a similar boat with Black Swan for me.

What about "Mission Impossible"? And I meant the first and the third! Those movies were good! :)
Posted with Mobile style...

Haven't seen them yet...

I'm not a huge movie watcher, but will see well over 100 movies this summer (watching some of IMDb's top 250)

I have so many...

"The Nightmare Before Christmas". It's probably Tim Burton's best work to date. This is by far the strangest and yet, to a certain extent, most lovable Christmas story of all time.

"Airplane!" The antics in this movie are so crazy that I laugh 'till tears every time.

"The Dark Knight". The best superhero movie of all time, in my opinion. If you've seen other Batman movies, and are skeptical, let me tell you, this one is different. It is a truly brilliant edge-of-your-seat thrill-ride that is an absolute must-see, whether you're a superhero fan or not.

"Goodfellas". An epic gangster-flick. A simple yet effective plot , and one that, at least for me, had me siding for the "bad" guys for once.

"Titanic". Based on a true story, the highlights of this film are numerous, but in particular, Leonardo DiCaprio's acting in this film is absolutely intoxicating. I've seen this film a million times and will probably watch it a million more.

"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King". I am a big of fan of both Tolkien's literary masterpiece and also of Peter Jackson's superb directing. All of the LOTR films are amazing in their own right, but this one they really pulled all of the stops out for it. More than three hours, this epic film, at least for myself, is one of the greatest films of all time.

"The Wizard of Oz". Such a simple story, yet a truly magnificent work as far as fantasy goes. An absolutely lovable film.

"2001: A Space Odyssey". If you have seen this film, you either agree with me or disagree with me. Strongly. This is a highly personal favorite of mine, and many of my friends and colleagues agree to disagree with me on this one. But I am in love with this one. It features one of the most insane time lapses you will ever witness, straight from the beginnings of man to the future (even though 2001 didn't exactly resemble this film at all, but bear with it).

"E.T: The Extra Terrestrial". Who doesn't love E.T? With films always featuring aliens as the "bad guys", this film is a refreshing change of pace, featuring the most adorable alien of all time.

"Inception". "The Matrix" blew my mind. "Inception" brought my mind back, only to blow it away shortly after. Greatest film of 2010 FO SHO.

"Star Wars". The original sci-fi flick. "Star Wars" is one of my favorite films of all time, and it is definitely my absolute favorite sci-fi film. Transcends age, gender, genre, and reality.

"Star Wars Episode: V The Empire Strikes Back". ...And then I saw this film and fell in love with Star Wars even more. Oh sweet mercy is this film good. I will watch this over and over again for all of eternity.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". I don't like most Western films. But when I saw this movie, I was enchanted. An absolutely intriguing tale, featuring the most suspenseful standoff of all Western films, ever.

^You have some nice taste in movies.

I'd go Matrix>Inception any day, and I'm steal doubting that Inception was the best of 2010 (Toy Story 3 takes it for me).

IMO, E.T. is a bit overrated. A bit.

Forgot about Wizard of Oz, that's definitely on there.

^You have some nice taste in movies.

I'd go Matrix>Inception any day, and I'm steal doubting that Inception was the best of 2010 (Toy Story 3 takes it for me).

IMO, E.T. is a bit overrated. A bit.

Forgot about Wizard of Oz, that's definitely on there.

I saw Toy Story 3, I'd say it's the best animated film I've seen in a while. But I can't say that its brilliancy is the same kind of mind-blowing psychedelic genius that Inception so cleverly and wittingly exploited. On your point of the Matrix, I will say that I love that series so much, and the difference between it and Inception for me is very slight. I would watch either of them in a heartbeat. Comparing two masterpieces is a very difficult thing to do.

I'd like to know why you thought E.T was overrated. There are definitely better movies out there (of which I listed many), but for what E.T is, it is really a fantastic and adorable movie. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way, your taste in movies is also a highly educated one.

I'm a HUGE Christopher Nolan fan. So big in fact, he is really about the only person in Hollywood I know (I'm not a movie buff nor do I care much for pop culture). Having said that, I was disappointed in Inception. It was good, quite good in fact, but no where near Nolan's best and definitely his most hyped. Some of my favs:

Well, pretty much anything by Nolan:
Momento- Just an amazing concept for a movie. Its one of the few movies that really only work as a movie.
Dark Knight- I hate hyped movies, but was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
Prestige- Like I said, I don't follow movies or anything pop (I don't even listen to FM radio), so I have no idea how popular this was coming out. But, when I saw it a year or so after it came out, I was absolutely blown away, then realized afterwards that it was a Nolan flick.

Favorites for nostalgia:
Braveheart- Its so long and I have ADD pretty bad, so I can't make it through it often, but when I do, I am amazed at how good this movie is.

American History X- Just an amazing movie. Awesome writing, awesome acting.

Pulp Fiction- probably the best movie that never really "hit it big" or however you want to put it. It has its accolades nowadays and did even when it was made, but was never that big blockbuster hit that so many crappy movies are.

Grounhog Day- I just love Bill Murray and this is his best IMO.

What About Bob- Another movie of BM at his best.

A Fish Called Wanda- So very clever, watched it a million times growing up

Beetle Juice- Another movie I watched a ton growing up. Now that I'm older, I realize how good it really is.

Tombstone- Historically horrible, cinematic-ally amazing.

And, some newer favs:

The Departed- Easily one of my all time favs. Awesome, awesome movie.

V For Vendetta- Another movie that is just amazing. I like a good story and good writing more than effects, this movie has it.

Well, that's enough, that is quite the long list for someone who doesn't like movies...

I saw Toy Story 3, I'd say it's the best animated film I've seen in a while. But I can't say that its brilliancy is the same kind of mind-blowing psychedelic genius that Inception so cleverly and wittingly exploited. On your point of the Matrix, I will say that I love that series so much, and the difference between it and Inception for me is very slight. I would watch either of them in a heartbeat. Comparing two masterpieces is a very difficult thing to do.

I'd like to know why you thought E.T was overrated. There are definitely better movies out there (of which I listed many), but for what E.T is, it is really a fantastic and adorable movie. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way, your taste in movies is also a highly educated one.

E.T. was a BIT overrated, as I said. It's be like calling something like say Monsters Inc. the best movie of its year. E.T. IS a great movie, just a. not as heartwarming for me, and b. not one of Speilberg's best.

Also for alien movies, I gotta say, I think The Thing beats all of them. And if you haven't seen that movie (and you have a strong stomach), then I highly recommend you go out and watch it. It went kind of under the radar because it premiered right AFTER E.T., so it didn't go too well, but it better than any alien movie I've seen (E.T., Alien movies, predator movies, etc.) and the graphics for the era are absolutely stunning and potentially better than modern day graphics.

---------- Post added 06/05/2011 at 06:26 PM ----------

@:Chrataxe

You have a nice taste in movies too. Braveheart is always great, but I srsly need to watch V for Vendetta and Memento. I always had mixed feelings on Beetlejuice.

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie ever. Love it. Love Michael Chrichton.

Other amazing movies are:
Pulp Fiction
Braveheart
John Q
Any Given Sunday
Friday Night Lights
Remember the Titans
The Replacements
The Dark Knight
The Land Before Time (the first one, none of the others)
Up
Toy Story 3
Anything with Denzel Washington just for entertainment

Tons more I love but I'm just forgetting off the top of my head.

-obviously I love football movies because I love football, so slight bias there.

Back