Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BIG PTCGO april community update

ticka222

http://www.pokemontcg.com/news/april-community-update

April Community Update
by Jaqq on April 27, 2012

Greetings Beta Players!

With April drawing to a close, it’s time for another community update. There are big changes in store in the coming months, so we’re taking this opportunity to share a few of them with you.

As many of you have heard, we’re working with a new developer that has been hard at work creating a new version of the Pokémon Trainer Challenge that will be released in mid- to late May. For many months, we have been rebuilding the game, using the Unity engine to give us maximum flexibility in the future. In addition to improving the game engine, we’ve overhauled the user interface to provide a better player experience. Check out the image below for an example of this new user interface.

The launch of the new Trainer Challenge is a significant and exciting milestone for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, and it’s important to note that you will see some changes in the near future that are needed to enhance the overall experience for our online players. While the new single-player Trainer Challenge is set to release soon, we are still a few months away from having the new version of the multiplayer game ready for open beta. We’ve made the decision to discontinue further work on the current version of the multiplayer Pokémon TCG Online, including fixing existing bugs. We will also be disabling the Multiplayer—Expert and Multiplayer—Novice modes in the existing version until the new version is launched. This will allow us to focus all of the team’s efforts on getting the new multiplayer game to our fans as quickly as possible. It’s important to note that access to your Collection, the Deck Builder, Trading, and Player—Versus AI will remain available to players throughout this transition.

What does this all mean for the Black & White—Dark Explorers expansion and code redemptions?

Dark Explorers booster codes
You will be able to enter codes from Dark Explorers starting May 15th and earn booster credits as usual. These booster credits can be redeemed for any set, from HeartGold & SoulSilver to Black & White—Next Destinies. You will not be able to redeem booster credits for Dark Explorers until later this summer, when the new multiplayer build hits open beta.

Dark Explorers theme deck codes
You can redeem Dark Explorers theme deck codes, which will unlock those decks in the new Trainer Challenge. However, these cards will not show up in your collection until after the new version of the multiplayer game enters open beta later this summer.

We understand this is a lot to take in, and you’re bound to have some questions. Please post them in this thread in General Discussion. We’ll select a handful of questions from the thread and post answers next week.

Thanks for your continued support!

Prof_Mathis

Last edited:
The the Player vs. Player multiplayer versions will be offline apparently....wut.

Not cool, guys. Not cool.

Also, what will become of our current unused codes? Will they still be valid when Multiplayer comes back online?

Last edited:
The the Player vs. Player multiplayer versions will be offline apparently....wut.

Not cool, guys. Not cool.

Also, what will become of our current unused codes? Will they still be valid when Multiplayer comes back online?

In order to rebuild the game from the ground up, I'm guessing they need to just scrap the old version and start over with the new. Since they've made that decision, having the old PvP out there would only hinder their development, as ppl would be reporting issues with the code that isn't going to be used in the future.

They'll probably transfer over to the new system.

I don't understand why they're revamping the "Trainer Challenge" instead of placing the priority where it should be, on the multiplayer option.

Garbage.

I don't understand why they're revamping the "Trainer Challenge" instead of placing the priority where it should be, on the multiplayer option.

Garbage.

They're using the Trainer Challenge revamp as a proving grounds for the new backend. They're seeing what does and doesn't work in a controlled environment. If everything works out correctly in that version, then they'll move on to the Multiplayer. But they first need to get the simple stuff working correctly. And they need it working correctly in a controlled environment. It's a basic aspect of software testing. Considering that the new TCGO is essentially a completely brand new program, I'd rather them do their due diligence and make sure the basic stuff works correctly.

Wow, looks great. Simplifying the chat and action tabs makes the program look much nicer to look at and seems easier to use. I also love how they centralized everything onto 1 bar at the top. Can't wait for the new version to come out!

I don't like the ability to possibly not use Dark Explorers to test, but guess that's going to happen for awhile. I guess it's time to start going back to league to test my decks out. :frown:

Drew

Unity Engine!!!

That means PTCO can go mobile!

Lots of current games use Unity and it works cross platform.

Example: Shadow Era TCG - Avail on Browser, iOS and Android. I hope that's the future!

I only recently started with PTCGO(last month). I had stacks (100's) of codes that I redeemed mostly for BW to ND packs, traded ND packs for some key cards to build my ZekEels deck, to test with. I found PTCGO functional enough, learned to live with glitches, playing novice players didn't bother me.

In anticipation of Dark Explorers, I entered all of my remaining codes (131) for credits to buy Dark Exlplorer boosters. So now these Dark Explorers won't be available until Unity engine is fully tested and validated. (mid summer?), timing for software is, until it is ready, it isn't ready). I just hope I don't risk losing my 131 booster credits as we wait. I would guess I we will have about 100 codes for Dark Explorers. I have no idea why any existing player would want to cash in new codes for old cards.

God's speed with the "unity" engine.

I only recently started with PTCGO(last month). I had stacks (100's) of codes that I redeemed mostly for BW to ND packs, traded ND packs for some key cards to build my ZekEels deck, to test with. I found PTCGO functional enough, learned to live with glitches, playing novice players didn't bother me.

In anticipation of Dark Explorers, I entered all of my remaining codes (131) for credits to buy Dark Exlplorer boosters. So now these Dark Explorers won't be available until Unity engine is fully tested and validated. (mid summer?), timing for software is, until it is ready, it isn't ready). I just hope I don't risk losing my 131 booster credits as we wait. I would guess I we will have about 100 codes for Dark Explorers. I have no idea why any existing player would want to cash in new codes for old cards.

God's speed with the "unity" engine.

Rob I have the same concern about my unused codes. Can we get an official answer that are cards/codes wont be wiped when the new engine comes into place?

You should be fine in that regards, however just to be safe, keep a record of all your account transactions in order to show proof of your redemptions.

There are some technical issues going on with the site right now. We're working to fix them.

Back