Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Black Lion Pokemon League (and BBQ!) - Costa Mesa, CA

cattdreams

Just a reminder,

there will be league this saturday (4-24) for black lion pokemon leauge. Always a perfect time to take a break from the tourny circut and brave your latest rogue deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Another reminder, we will be having our first saturday of the month tournament this saturday (may 1st) at 3pm

This tournament will be modified, with most likely a $5 entry fee, prizes dependant on attendance. (promo's, badges, packs)

A great time to revise your state deck to get it ready for the upcomming Gym Challenges, or try out that rogue deck to see how well it really works.

Address:1125 Victoria, Unit #G
City:Costa Mesa
State:CA

Last edited:
Hi, I'm going to talk to Ashley but we might take the trip. I haven't been able to play since I've been working and we're teaching Josh so this might be a good opportunity. Could I help him out if he plays?
Thanks,
Nicole
WeileMom

ok folks, Black Lion will be having their first periodical BBQ!

On may 8th, starting at noon, we'll be getting together to bbq some burgers and so forth at the park right across the street from black lion.
Everyone is welcome, but if you're comming we do ask that you bring something to contribute. please pm me or post on here if you're interested. so we can figure out what needs to be brought. so far there's already about 12 people that are going to be there.

-CattDreams

Last edited:
I plan on coming over this weekend. Let me know how i can contribute.

I might bring 2-3 people with me.

-Jerry

Last edited:
Hey Cattdreams, I took the liberty of editing the title of the topic to include the BBQ next weekend (Saturday May 8th).

It's going to be potluck style, but just so that everyone doesn't all bring the same thing, please post here with what you can bring as soon as you know (I still haven't decided yet myself). Or you can contact Cattdreams to see what items we still need. In addition to food we'll probably need stuff like plates, napkins, charcoal, etc. Hey Cattdreams, do you want to make it easier and have everyone "bring your own drinks"?

We will have League as normal afterwards around 2:30 or 3:00. Deck Challenge for this week (for those who are so inclined) will be: "All creatures must have something before their Pokemon name" (i.e. Dark Blastoise, Blaine's Magmar, Erika's Dratini, Team Rocket's Meowth, Team Magma's Aggron, etc.). If you have any questions, feel free to post them, but only if you are planning on actually participating in the Deck Challenge.

See ya,
- CHRISBO

Last edited:
Awww, you're just giving me an excuse to play my Blaine's Rapidash deck again, aren't you Chris? ;)

Good times. As of now, my schedule (Especially with school projects, and such) is heck and a half, I'll try to give a definite answer as to my attendance by Wednesday.

My parents are heavily leaning towards a yes. I won't give a definate answer until Friday night, because my parents have been known to pull me out of things at the last minute. :) I can bring anything we need, such as chips, plates, utensils, cookies, whatever.

BTW, does anyone want to trade for any of the following cards? I need to complete my King ex deck:

1x Reverse Thrust Horsea (Aquapolis)
1x Ditto (Skyridge)
2x Wally's Training (Sandstorm)
3x Fast Ball (Skyridge)

Now it's time to go watch the 10.5 mini-series to see the fate of our part of California. :D

Last edited:
Hi! Ashley, Josh, and I will be there.
I was thinking about bringing a dessert and maybe a watermelon. Let me know though, I'm flexible.
Maybe we could all chip in a little for one person to get the main meal, ie. burgers, etc? That way if someone doesn't show up we won't be stuck eating them low-carb style.
Other ideas would be for people to bring a bag of chips and a 2-liter of soda.
I think Jesse mentioned something about his mom's potato salad...
---Nicole
WeileMom
PS you know Chris, how many people can that store hold for a tournament??

jesse is bringing potato salad and drinks, I'll be bringing hotdogs and hamburger meat, someone needs to bring buns, condiments, utensiles. chips.
it'd be cool if anyone wants to bring an interesting side dish.

the deck challenges are run in an oddball way, and are not sactioned tournaments. however, you do get leauge points for your matches and the winning deck gets something interesting.

a side note on the deck challenge, while all your pokemon have to have something before there name, you are allowed to use basic non named pokemon, but only if they evolve into something named. (exception is for players who wish to use dark stage 1 or stage 2 pokemon, ie. dark blastoise or dark raichu).
once again, super energy removal is banned.

I can bring the Hamburger&HotDog Buns, Condiments and Utensiles. Just let me know how many buns you think we need. I have no idea. I can also bring some more Hot Dogs if you think we need more.

I'll have whoever decides to come with me bring Chips and Soda.

cattdreams said:
a side note on the deck challenge, while all your pokemon have to have something before there name, you are allowed to use basic non named pokemon, but only if they evolve into something named. (exception is for players who wish to use dark stage 1 or stage 2 pokemon, ie. dark blastoise or dark raichu).
Good point, I forgot that there aren't any "Dark Squirtles".

Thanks,
- CHRISBO

Chirebo? Who is this Chirebo? o_O

What is the latest we could get at the party/league? Is 3:30 - 4:00 okay? If I come late, I guess that means I should bring dessert. That is, of course, if I get to go. :)

Howdy ya'll...yes, yes, yes, my mother's "KILLER" potato salad will make an appearance at the BBQ this saturdy :) So, alright...bring your "DECKS" for the challenge - can't wait to see what people are gonna PLAY!!!

See all of you then...check ya later!!!

Water Pokemon Master said:
Chirebo? Who is this Chirebo? o_O
I think Chirebo is the evolution of Chimecho (j/k / :D ).

What is the latest we could get at the party/league? Is 3:30 - 4:00 okay? If I come late, I guess that means I should bring dessert. That is, of course, if I get to go. :)
Actually we'll probably be over at the store by then. Go to Black Lion first and if nobody's there head over to the park across the street (and slightly west).

See ya,
- CHRISBO

eI_at10s is in the HOUSE!

Hey, I'm new here. I'm going to need a bit of advice from Zero and Chris.
What's with this "Deoxys" thing everyone's been talking about?
Is it like Jirachi or is it a glitch?
Anyway, I might not be at the next league meeting on may 8th.
Dont' count on me being there.
Also, if Zero or any of his freaking friends dont' show up, I'll promise to rip out someone's hair, even if it ends up being mine.
You may not know me yet, but I'm here.
Even though, I can't figure out how to keep the font I want on.
Thanks!

Don't worry, be happy! Don't worry...
eI_at10s

PS
I think there is no evolution to Chimecho, but let me see what your talking about and Ill notifyAll of you.

eI_at10s said:
Hey, I'm new here. I'm going to need a bit of advice from Zero and Chris.
What's with this "Deoxys" thing everyone's been talking about?
Is it like Jirachi or is it a glitch?
Anyway, I might not be at the next league meeting on may 8th.
Dont' count on me being there.
Also, if Zero or any of his freaking friends dont' show up, I'll promise to rip out someone's hair, even if it ends up being mine.
You may not know me yet, but I'm here.
Even though, I can't figure out how to keep the font I want on.
Thanks!

Don't worry, be happy! Don't worry...
eI_at10s

PS
I think there is no evolution to Chimecho, but let me see what your talking about and Ill notifyAll of you.
"Deoxys" is no glitch...this pokemon, who has not been mentioned yet, is supposed to be the new MewTwo or something like that...kinda of foggy on the details, but i've heard through the net, that it was created when a laser shoots out into space or something like that...he's in the upcoming film due out in Japan, either this summer or fall??? But I can't wait for the Movie...Rayquaza also makes an appearance!!! But, yeah..."DEOXYS" is coming, just not out yet...hope this helps!!! And bummer that you're not going to make the BBQ...EH, YOUR LOSS :p

Laters

Accessing PokeDex.......Pokemon #386........LOADING INFO (from brain):

Deoxys is a space virus Pokemon that was created when humans shot out a laser beam into space, which hit a space virus and mutated it into Deoxys. There will be a movie coming out in the middle of July in Japan that will feature it and Rayquaza, as well as a 4th generation Pokemon, which is probably the Pokemon that was in that golden egg it was holding in the trailer. Deoxys can mutate into three forms: attack form, defense form, and its regular form. It will be available in Fire Red and Leaf Green, and depending on your version, you will either get the attack or defense one. When you trade it from version to version, Deoxys will change its form. For example, if you trade it to R/S, it will change into its normal, balanced form. If you trade it to FR or get it in FR, it will be in its attack form. Deoxys also has the ability to clone itself. It has to be one of the strangest Pokemon yet.

Yeah, so, ummm, you guys don't mind if I get there after the picnic thingy? I can still bring something for you guys to eat in the store. What should I bring and when will league play begin?

Last edited:
Back