Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Black & White Trainer Kit Now Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikou Trainer

I was at my local Wal-Mart today, and noticed that they had the B&W Trainer Kits out, so I picked one up. It comes with a Black & White pack, and all the cards in the decks (except for a few) are from the first Black & White set. Anyways, here are the contents of each deck:

Excadrill Deck

1/30: Lillipup (B&W #80)
2/30, 3/30: Figting Energy
4/30: Energy Switch
5/30-10/30: Fighting Energy
11/30: Timburr (B&W #58)
12/30: Audino
13/30: Drilbur (EP#54)
14/30: Gurdurr
15/30: Potion
16/30: PlusPower
17/30: Excadrill (Non-holo, EP #56 w/alternate art)
18/30: Audino
19/30: Herdier
20/30: Figthing Energy
21/30: Energy Search
22/30: Fighting Energy
23/30: Potion
24/30: Pokemon Communication
25/30: Drilbur (same as above)
26/30: Fighting Energy
27/30: Lillipup
28/30: Fighting Energy
29/30: Timburr
30/30: Excadrill (same as above, except holo)

Zoroark Deck

1/30: Purrloin
2/30: Watchog
3/30: Darkness Energy
4/30: Minccino
5/30-10/30: Darkness Energy
11/30: PlusPower
12/30: Patrat (B&W #77)
13/30: Zorua
14/30: Pidove
15/30: Tranquill
16/30: Energy Retrieval
17/30: Zoroark (Non-holo, EP #67 w/alternate art)
18/30: Pokemon Communication
19/30: Minccino
20/30: Darkness Energy
21/30: Pidove
22/30: Darkness Energy
23/30: Zorua
24/30: Darkness Energy
25/30: Purrloin
26/30: Darkness Energy
27/30: Energy Search
28/30: Darkness Energy
29/30: Patrat
30/30: Zoroark (same as above, except holo)

Nothing amazing in these decks this time, but they're still great for teaching new players the game.

If they did that, nobody would bother to buy EP packs anymore.

I didn't think it anyway worth it anyway, sadly.

Yup, wish they did better with these. It is a product for beginners, so can't complain to much. No supporter is interesting though.

The card list came out over here, but it's nice to see the topic come up again. The "for-beginners" discussion came up in that thread as well. As always, I've tried to make a good double-deck out of it in my I Double Theme Decks thread, but... ugh, it's just so bad... I'd be up for any suggestions for a double-deck better than the one I posted.

I just think it's rather sad that the TK is supposed to be for teaching new players, and they neglect one of the most important aspects of the game - Supporters! Cheren and Bianca are both excellent 'beginner' Supporters to use, it was the perfect opportunity!

-2-1 Herdier (We really have too many Lillipups floating around already!)
+2 Cheren
+1 Collector

-2 Minccino
-1 Purrlion
+2 Bianca
+1 Copycat

...instantly the decks are 20% cooler. :nonono:

Anyone know how much these are selling for in stores? I'll probably have to hope somebody sells the alternate artwork Zoroark/Excadrill online. :(

I just think it's rather sad that the TK is supposed to be for teaching new players, and they neglect one of the most important aspects of the game - Supporters! Cheren and Bianca are both excellent 'beginner' Supporters to use, it was the perfect opportunity!

-2-1 Herdier (We really have too many Lillipups floating around already!)
+2 Cheren
+1 Collector

-2 Minccino
-1 Purrlion
+2 Bianca
+1 Copycat

...instantly the decks are 20% cooler. :nonono:
While the Cheren and Bianca make sense, Copycat and Pokemon Collector come from "old" sets, comparatively-speaking. I could understand why those would not be reintroduced in a Trainer Kit, which would restrict their control of cards from upcoming formats.

yeahh. i will just tell new players to buy red frenzy lol

i already have my catchers so i don't mind that it doesn't come with catcher but these lists are just terrible for new players.
atleast they have reshiram and zekrom available in tins and soon boxes.

i havent bought one pack of EP since the prerelease and i don't plan on buying any either.
i will just win some through battle roads lol

How disappointing. The cards featured are not remotely competitive, despite their 80 damage for 3. If only excadrills attack requirements had colorless in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back