Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Blastgatr

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver116

Hi guys! Haven't been posting for a while now but that's because ive been looking into every competitive deck for the new format. So far I play reshiboar and mewgar. But above all my favorite is blastgatr. I've been researching and building this deck for about two weeks now and still feel there is something missing. Any of your opinions are needed even any criticism. Here's the deck:

4-3-4 Blastoise
2-1-2 Feraligatr
3 Relicanth CL
1 Delibird HS

Supporters 9

4 PONT
3 Prof. Junniper
2 Pkmn. Collector

Trainers 16

4 Pkmn Comm.
4 Rare Candy
3 Pokegear
3 Switch
2 Energy Retrieval

Energy 15

11 Water
4 DCE

The Strategy

Basically the main strategy is to set up a Blastoise and a Feraligatr on the bench and snipe for 100 damage a turn by looping the water energy. Now the whole Relicanth/Delibird thing may look strange but I have a reason for it. I run the Relicanth as a starter for draw and I run a single delibird for late game draw when I have a ton of energy on my pokemon. This decks runs smoothly by setting up on the third turn but I'd like it to set up faster. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Posted with Mobile style...

I run Blastgatr as well and what really helps me are Cleffas and Mantines! I set up so fast it's insane. Now in my deck, I run both Floatzel and Feraligtr. I know everyone says it's crazy that I should only need to have one or the other but to my surprise this combo works extremely well! I mean excellent! I've been consistent with draw power and hand refreshing. With emerging powers, I'm thinking about teching Donphan to counter electric but I'm not so sure. I had Zoroark before and that's also worked well for me. I hope this sort of helps.

I run Blastgatr as well and what really helps me are Cleffas and Mantines! I set up so fast it's insane. Now in my deck, I run both Floatzel and Feraligtr. I know everyone says it's crazy that I should only need to have one or the other but to my surprise this combo works extremely well! I mean excellent! I've been consistent with draw power and hand refreshing. With emerging powers, I'm thinking about teching Donphan to counter electric but I'm not so sure. I had Zoroark before and that's also worked well for me. I hope this sort of helps.

Thanks for the help! I might as well run 3 Cleffa and 1 delibird. I don't really have any any floatzel but after I research them i can buy or trade them. Thanks for the help. By the way what turn do you set up by?

I recommend floatzel instead of feraligatr. Believe me, you'll be amazed! Floatzel is only a 3-3 line and it works better than feraligatr!

I recommend floatzel instead of feraligatr. Believe me, you'll be amazed! Floatzel is only a 3-3 line and it works better than feraligatr!

I understand that but when it comes to the late game feraligatr wins games.

yes yes. that is true. but most decks now are early game winners. For example:
Reshiboar
Zekrom
Yanmega

Donchamp is pretty much the only late game hitter.

3-3 Floatzel UL
3 Manaphy UL
2-2 Zoroark BW
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Candy
2 Juniper
2 Dual
1 Water energy
Just a few suggestions. I'm mobile right now but I can try to explain reasoning. You don't need 4 candies since chances are you can normal evolve once or if you need a 4th blastoise you are probably in worse trouble then a candy will fix anyway. Also manaphy>cleffa/manitine. You will gain consistency and not get donked. You can move the energy needed from manaphy anyway and free retreat is a huge plus. Zoroark offers great support as an amazing tech to counter most common threats.

Thanks for the help! I might as well run 3 Cleffa and 1 delibird. I don't really have any any floatzel but after I research them i can buy or trade them. Thanks for the help. By the way what turn do you set up by?

I only run one Cleffa, that's all I need and surprisenly I draw it pretty frequent each time I play, plus Collector helps. The reason why I only one isbecause it can easily get KO on the bench and if it wakes up while active then i'm screwed...With the new format, I am taking floatzel out and switching back to gatr. Because with Catcher, floatzel easily gets KO, as least gatr could last 2-3 turns or more depending if I'm going against a strong pokemon. Plus it's 60+ power is awesome, it only gets stronger!.

Everyone's planning to run Catcher or I'm thinking some Switches and Max potion. To help set up things faster, run Mantine as a starter (4) Junipers, PONTS, Cheren, Great balls, def rare candies and maybe Bianca.

I usually set up by turn 2 and sometimes 3 hands down.

---------- Post added 08/17/2011 at 02:38 PM ----------

3-3 Floatzel UL
3 Manaphy UL
2-2 Zoroark BW
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
3 Candy
2 Juniper
2 Dual
1 Water energy
Just a few suggestions. I'm mobile right now but I can try to explain reasoning. You don't need 4 candies since chances are you can normal evolve once or if you need a 4th blastoise you are probably in worse trouble then a candy will fix anyway. Also manaphy>cleffa/manitine. You will gain consistency and not get donked. You can move the energy needed from manaphy anyway and free retreat is a huge plus. Zoroark offers great support as an amazing tech to counter most common threats.

I agree with Brendan, Zoroark is amazing in a deck like this. I had him in my deck before and he's helped tremendously when going up against Zekrom or Reshiram. I took him out because I almost never have the need for him. Everyone here in MN is playing prime decks.

Thanks for the help! For now I'm only going water pokemon. I may before a tournament add Zoroark as I have tons of them. Here's the current decklist:

3-2-3 Blastoise
2-2 Floatzel
3 Cleffa
1 Delibird

4 PONT
3 Juniper
3 Pkmn Coll.

4 Pkmn Comm.
3 Pokegear
3 Rare Candy
3 Pluspower
3 Switch
2 Energy Exchanger

11 Water
4 DCE

A solid list want to consider feraligatr. It's so hard to pick one or the other. On one hand one is easier to set up and has an awful late game. But on another hand on is a pain to setup and has a great late game. What's better a fast setup or a great endgame?

Zoroark and Mantine are you friends in this deck~ I'm running a Floatoise deck myself at the moment and Zoroark has helped me pull a couple prizes when I needed them.

Also, early set up is definitely the way to go in a format that relies on fairly quick attackers.

Now, for you more recent list, I suggest taking out 2 plus power to put in something like Twins, Energy Retrieval, or Flower shop Lady.

I've managed to fit in 2 energy retrieval.

-1 rare candy
-1 water energy

I find that I don't use the candy as much and find myself regular evolving. Also should I add a 4-3-4 line of blastoise? I only get out one or two blastoise a game. Also how could I add in Zoroark?

I've managed to fit in 2 energy retrieval.

-1 rare candy
-1 water energy

I find that I don't use the candy as much and find myself regular evolving. Also should I add a 4-3-4 line of blastoise? I only get out one or two blastoise a game. Also how could I add in Zoroark?

putting in the 4-3-4 line should help a bit and make it so you can get out about 2-3 Blastoise a game.

And you could take out the pluspowers for at least a 1-1 line of Zoroark.

I'm going to rebuild the deck. I'll be back with the new list.

---------- Post added 08/18/2011 at 11:38 AM ----------

Here's the new list. It doesn't include Zoroark yet.

4-3-4 Blastoise
3-3 Floatzel
3 Cleffa

4 PONT
3 Juniper
2 Pkmn Coll.

4 Pkmn Comm.
3 Pokegear
3 Switch
3 Plus power
2 Rare candy
2 Energy exchanger

10 Water
4 DCE

Look good?

Looking better, but why do you run the pluspowers? they only affect damage you do to the active anyway and chances are you'd probably be attacking the bench more often than you would the active to get rid of your opponent's support or some bigger threats they're trying to build up.

You're right I should do this:

-3 Plus Power
-1 PONT

+2-2 Zoroark

Is that Pro or what! Also what are the chances of this being a great competitive deck?

I'd say that the chances are fairly decent because this will eat Donphan and Reshiram alive because you can easily hit those when they're active if you really need to and Zoroark takes care of things like Zekrom, which it can revenge KO, and really heavy hitters like RDL.

My Zoroark won't be 1 shotting Zekrom because the fact that I don't have plus power and don't have room or time for special dark.

Zekrom also does 40 damage to itself with its second attack though, and that's what I was talking about with the revenge KO *nod*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back