2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
2 Pokémon Retriever
1 Warp point

Energy 14
9 Water Energy
4 Holon's Electrode
1 Holon's Magneton

This is my build of a Blastoise deck using Arcanine ex as the main attacker. For those of you who play BLS, I think some of you would agree that there are a lot games where putting Onix or Steelix ex on the table is very risky. I know when I use the deck I never am comfortable laying a Onix or Steelix because of their fat retreat cost. There are too many decks out there that can OHKO Steelix because of its weakness. It is also way too lockable of a card (5 retreat cost). I know Steelix is great for popping whatever for 100, but a lot of times it just isn't worth it because it is going to get KOed next turn. The basic, Onix, is really a horrific start. I think most would agree with that.

Arcanine ex seems like a very solid choice for this deck. The basic, growlithe, would be a way better start than Onix because it does 10 and paralyzes for a colorless, which could slow down your opponent. The retreat is one so T2 turn you can retreat that Growlithe after you Mentor for the Jirachi and start setting up. With Arcanine ex, you will be able to do 100 damage every turn and not even put damage on it because of its poke body, plus you can remove those pesky special conditions. The retreat for it is only 2, so you don't have to sweat putting it on the table.

My solution to getting to the bench is LM Victreebel. It will bring out any stage 2 from your opponents bench. With that you can still pull off that nice combo of knocking out your opponent's Pidgeot. Just bring it active and Flame Swirl it. I also think with Victrebell, it makes alot easier to knock out your opponents benched stage 2 pokemon that have over 100 hp such as Nidoqueen, Dark Ttar, Dark Amphy, Typhlosion, Blastoise ex, etc. Those are the pokes you knock out with Lugia ex.

I just want to here what everyone on the Gym thinks of using Arcanine ex in a Blastoise deck instead of Steelix ex.

Not a bad idea, but people play steelix because it can take out almost any thread your opponent lays down. And it won't get KO'd most of the time, 150HP, come on, that is HUGE. Only with weakness will it get knocked out on a consistant basis. With your list, I would just take out the copycat for another Lugia ex. Not bad, but I am just biased towards steelix.(I won a mirror match starting with onix and both blastoises prized :smile:)

Not a snowballs chance:thumb: Just saying it is usually better to hit the bench, because you have lugia to get the active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back