Blastoise EX, Charizard EX, and Venusaur EX

Fawkes0126

Blastoise EX
150 HP (W)
Weakness: (L)(G)
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)(C)

(W)(C) Raging Rapids 20
Flip a coin. If heads, change the defending pokemon with one of your opponent's benched pokemon (If your opponent has no benched pokemon, ignore this effect.)

(W)(W)(W)(W) Drown 80
You may discard as many (W) energy cards attached to Blastoise EX as you want. If you do, add 10 damage for each (W) energy you discarded.

Charizard EX
160 HP (R)
Weakness: (W)(L)
Resistance: (F)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)(C)(C)

(R)(R)(R) Flames 40
The defending pokemon is now burned.

(R)(R)(R)(C)(C) Engulfing Flames 150
Discard all (R) energies attached to Charizard EX.

Venusaur EX
150 HP (G)
Weakness: (R)(P)
Resistance: (W)
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)(C)(C)

(G)(C) Vine Entanglement 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's pokemon cannot attack on their next turn.

(G)(G)(G)(G) Razor Leaf Bombardment 80
You may discard 2 (G) energy attached to Venusaur EX. If you do, this attack does 20 damage to your opponent's benched pokemon as well as 80 damage to the defending pokemon.

So what do you all think?

Last edited:
Blastoise EX is fairly powered, but lose the {R} Resistance. No {W} Pokémon has ever had a {R} Resistance--as a matter of fact, no Pokémon has ever had a {R} Resistance that wasn't affected by Nintendo's rather stupid Dragon philosophy.

Charizard EX is underpowered. Not only that, but the Weaknesses and Resistance need work. No {R} Pokémon has ever had Resistance to {G}--that's reserved for {M} Pokémon and those Pokémon that can be two types and one of them is {M} (don't even mention Nintendo's rather stupid Dragon philosophy). In the GB game, Charizard is weak against Electric by being part-Flying. Therefore, {L} should be a Weakness rather than a Resistance. Not only that, but because Charizard's part-Flying, it should have Resistance to {F} instead.

Venusaur EX is underpowered as well. Also, shouldn't Venusaur EX have two Weaknesses? Since it's part Poison, {P} makes sense as a second Weakness. And being the Grass Pokémon that it is, why not tack on a {W} Resistance?

Just so you know, only Active Pokémon can be Burned. You'll want to fix that in Charizard ex's first attack. Other than that, they look pretty good.

Fawkes0126 said:
Thanks Carrington388. Any better now?
Somewhat, but still flaws. First off, I said that Charizard EX should have a {F} Resistance. Not no Resistance. Secondly, I said that Venusaur EX should have {W} Resistance. Not {P} Resistance.

Well, now Charizard ex is legal, but its first attack stinks. RRR for 10 and a flip for Burn? Even on a non-ex, that would be way overcosted. Before, you had it Burn your opponent's Bench on that flip. Remember Genesis Quilava, the one with the Char attack? You could always use that mechanic here -- on that flip, you Burn the Defending and put a Char counter on each Bench. You'd have to include the description of the effect of a Char counter, but still, it could be interesting. If you do that, and add 20 or 30 to the base damage, you'll have an attack worthy of a Pokémon-ex.

Okay, I tried to fix that in my own way, but is that attack broken? GRRR!! Man, this can be frustrating, making good cards...

Right well I think the Blastoise EX is pretty much done.
I do however have a few complaints for the Charizard and Venusaur.
First the Charizard. You should lower the damage to 40 for the first attack.
Second the Venusaur I was wondering if it does 40 to all oponents benched pokemon cause if it is lower it to 20 and raise the discard to 2. If its not, reword the text.
Other than that its good.

Last edited:
Back