Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blastoise/Floatzel Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiningLion

Alright, this is my first time trying the Blastoise/Floatzel deck. Here's my variation of it.

Pokemon: 19

1 Manaphy
1 Mantine
2 Shuckle (Fermenting Liquid)
1 Shaymin (Celebration Wind)
3-2-3 Blastoise (Wash out)
3-3 Floatzel (Water Acceleration)

Trainers: 25

Items:

3 Pokemon Communication
1 Lost Remover
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Junk Arm
2 Switch
2 Energy Exchanger
3 Rare Candy

Supporters:
1 Seeker
1 Black Belt
3 PONT
2 Interviewer's Questions
1 Fisherman
2 Pokemon Collector

Energy: 16

4 :colorless::colorless: Double Colorless
2 :colorless: Rescue
10 :water: Water

Strategy:

This follows the typical strategy of simply building up blastoise and floatzel so you can snipe for 100 each turn. Manaphy and Mantine are the preferred starters to help get things set up. Shuckle will be on the bench to help with draw power using Fermenting Liquid. I will use either Shaymin or Seeker to retrieve the energies off of shuckle if I need to send them elsewhere until Blastoise is in play. Once Floatzel is in play shuckle will really shine with the extra energy attach per turn, and when Blastoise is in play I can transfer energies attached to both Shuckle and Buizel to the active Pokemon, which should be Blastoise.

Everyone tells me to lose the Lost Remover, but it comes in handy for me too much in removing rescue energies from decks that rely on them to salvage Stage 2 pokemon. I'm too attached to that card to not have at least one.

Also, I'm not sure if Black Belt is a good choice or not, but I could see it doing really well on Blastoise if I find myself in a pinch and need to make a comeback.

That's it in a nutshell. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Try dropping the mantine for another manaphy, drop both shuckle and add a tyrogue. This should leave you at 18 Pokemon. Alternatively you can take out the shuckle for an additional 1-0-1 of Blastiose, leaving you again with 19. Not sure Shaymin is needed though it helps to move DCE's. However, you only have 4 Blastoise and you have 4 DCE's. Why would you need to move them? Your trainer and supporter lines could be a little more consistent too (very important in this format).

You don't need blackbelt, you should more worry about good, clean, consistent set up. Energy Retrieval is most likely not needed since it only gets basic energies and you will have those returned to your hand following your attack. Same goes for fisherman. With enough draw power you won't need Interviewer's questions, although you may add it if you must but I wouldn't do more than 1 or 2. Seeker is only needed if you have to get Shaymin back, but with a full line of junk arm you might want to go for Scoop up. Here's how I'd do it.

3-2-3 Blastoise
3-3 Floatzel
1-0-1 Kingdra Prime (helps get extra damage from your attack)
2 Manaphy
1 Tyrogue

POKEMON: 19

4 Collector
4 Communication
4 Oak
4 Copycat
4 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
2 Judge/Juniper/Sage's (you need a lot of draw power)
1 Switch (you can always get it back with junk arm if need be)

TRAINERS: 27

10 Water Energy
4 DCE

ENERGY: 14

Test with that for a bit and see if it helps.

Alright. I took your advice for the most part and tried to get rid of some useless/situational cards and give myself some more draw power cards.

-1 Mantine
+1 Manaphy
-1 Shaymin
+1 Tyrogue

I kept shuckle because of how well he works with blastoise and floatzel, allowing you to attach an energy to him and draw a card each turn, then attach an energy to floatzel, then transfer both to blastoise to attack, which returns the energies to your hand so you can do it all again on the next turn. I didn't wanna pass up that extra card per turn. I kept the same number of energies... However, I changed up my trainers a lot. Rather than say how many I took away and added, I'll just give the new trainer list.

4 Prof Oak's New Theory
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Junk Arm
3 Rare Candy
2 Copycat
2 Pluspower
1 Judge
1 Switch
1 Lost Remover
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Seeker

This is still very different than what you suggested, but the draw power is definitely stronger now. More traner - items and junk arms makes for more recycling. The Pluspowers are to aid Blastoise's attack. The Seeker and Lost Remover are the only two cards now that I may not potentially need to play during a match, but as I said before I'm a bit invested in Lost Remover, and Seeker is pretty cool for the chance of returning the one benched pokemon and KO-ing their active to win the game, also it can heal a benched blastoise that has taken some damage if need be, or return a Shuckle to give me back the energies that were attached to it. I may find that I don't use Seeker enough to justify it, but for now I'm going to give it a try. I feel the rest is solid enough for a better attempt than my first setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back