Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Blastoise Keldeo and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strategy with this deck is to get one or two blastoise or, load up EXs on the bench such as articuno and keldeo. With deluge you can attach as much energy as you want, and I can get a lot of energy in one turn with stuff like Juniper and Colress (I usually have 4 or 5 pokemon on my bench mid-game) and I run 18 water energy just because I don't need much else in this deck. Usually if I get Squirtle as my only basic, I'll draw into a keldeo because I run 3. while squirtle is taking damaeg, I can load up keldeo and rush in, then evolve squirtle while he's on the bench. Articuno is a very underrated card because for 2 energy it can do over 100 damage if there bench is full. When I attack with Kyogre the only attack I try to ever use is Dual Splash because IMO it's his best attack. I rarely attack with Blastoise, just because it needs 4 energy, keldeo is better and i need to keep it safe for this deck to work.

Pokémon (15)

4 Squirtle BCR
1 Wartortle BCR
3 Blastoise BCR
3 Keldeo-EX BCR
2 Articuno PLS
2 Kyogre DRX

Trainers (27)

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
3 Skyla
3 Colress
4 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
4 Pokémon Catcher
4 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC

Energy (18)
18 Water

Yeah, your team is very one-dimensional, and has no alternative ways to defeat a team that can counter yours perfectly, especially those mentioned above, and any Garbodors.

Bouffalant is a quality Pokemon that requires no specific energy, and can hit those EXs for 120.

I guess I could try bouffalant and load that up with water energy. Are there any other Water pokemon I can use? I actually havent come into any klinklang decks, luckily.

minus kyogre
minus some water (4-5 ish)

add lightning
add Black Kyurem ex PS

Allow me to explain this.

Black Kyurem EX hits hard.

Really hard.

Seriously, it's pretty good. You should be using it. You could almost change the deck to Blastoise Black Kyurem and just have Keldeo as backup.

That idea requires a nice line of Kingdra though, or else you'll blow your Energy in no time.

Allow me to explain this.

Black Kyurem EX hits hard.

Really hard.

Seriously, it's pretty good. You should be using it. You could almost change the deck to Blastoise Black Kyurem and just have Keldeo as backup.

That idea requires a nice line of Kingdra though, or else you'll blow your Energy in no time.

Sorry was falling asleep, forgot to explain XD.

Yea it hits hard, and if you saved your catchers, easy EX kills. All you really need is Energy Retreval (x2) and then 2 energies in hand (after already attaching requirements) and you should be set for 3 turns in a row of knocking out EX's.

That's what killed me at states when my last 2 prizes were Catcher and Hypnotoxic. Had the game if those were in my deck. (another story tho...)

Sorry was falling asleep, forgot to explain XD.

Yea it hits hard, and if you saved your catchers, easy EX kills. All you really need is Energy Retreval (x2) and then 2 energies in hand (after already attaching requirements) and you should be set for 3 turns in a row of knocking out EX's.

That's what killed me at states when my last 2 prizes were Catcher and Hypnotoxic. Had the game if those were in my deck. (another story tho...)

That works too, but kinda fizzles out if you can't manage the EX kill.

That works too, but kinda fizzles out if you can't manage the EX kill.

200 damage I think can easily knock out any EX. Tool scrapper should be in the deck anyway for Garb, so remove any tools making it harder to KO before doing the damage. Should be good to go.

That brings up another thing to do. Add Tool Scrapper. Minus 2 water I think for 2 Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back