Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Blastoise-Keldeo EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonMandibuzz

If you haven't checked Pokebeach yet there are the translations for the new "Freeze Bolt" and "Cold Flare" sets.

Pokemon: 12
3-1-2 Blastoise (Cold Flare)
3 Keldeo-EX (Cold Flare)
1 Black Kyurem-EX (Freeze Bolt)
1 Mewtwo-EX
1 Kyurem

T/S/S:
4 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren
1 Skyla (Cold Flare)
1 Cilan
2 Random Reciever
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
2 Switch
2 Energy search
2 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
1 Heavy Ball
1 Energy Switch
1 Town Map (Freeze Bolt)
1 Crystal Edge Ace Spec (Frezze Bolt)
1 Eviolite

Energy: 13
10 Water
3 Blend WLFM

Strategy: The strategy of the deck is to get a blastoise set up and put 3-5 (110-150 damage) energy on keldeo. Keldeo two shots all EX's (or one shots with 7 energy). Dont need to explain why Mewtwo EX is in here. Black-Kyurem EX is for tanking and can power him up in two turns. Kyurem is for early spread and can put EX's in the range of gettinh OHKO'ed by Keldeo-EX.

Translations:
Black Kyurem-EX - Dragon - HP180
Basic Pokemon

[L][C][C] Dragon Fang: 60 damage. Flip a coin, if heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
[W][L][L][C] Freeze Bolt: 150 damage. This Pokemon can’t use Freeze Bolt during your next turn.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Blastoise - Water - HP140
Stage 1 - Evolves from Wartortle

Ability: Rain Dance.
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card to 1 of your Pokemon. (This doesn’t use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn.)

[C][C][C][C] Hydro Pump: 60+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 4

Keldeo-EX - Water - HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Step In
Once during your turn (before you attack), if Keldeo-EX is your Bench, you may switch it with your Active Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Secret Sword: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] energy attached to this Pokemon.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 2

Skyla - Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Crystal Edge – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Each Pokemon can have only 1 Pokemon Tool attached to it at any time.

The Black Kyurem-EX that this card is attached to has its maximum HP increased to 300.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

Town Map - Trainer
Item

You play with your Prize cards face-up for the rest of the game.

Drop black kyurem and the crystal edge. It does nothing for the deck. Just add another Mewtwo. Change blend to double colorless since it works with all the Pokemon if you don't get enough water to start. Also for the trainer line up:

T/S/S:
3 N
3 Juniper
3 Skyla (Cold Flare)
3 Cilan
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
2 Switch
4 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
1 Heavy Ball
1 Energy Switch
1 Town Map (Freeze Bolt)
1 Computer Search *Ace Spec (Cold Flare)
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Eviolite*

Skyla should be a 3 of. It treats as a 4 of to all your singletons which is very important in teaching answers to any situation.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, I was testing earlier and found that Black Kyurem was just a bench siitter. i like what you did about the trainers but I don't really like the three cilan. I like energy search alot better since you can energy search and still have the ability to N, Juniper, or Skyla. I think i will keep the original cilan, energy search lines. Otherwise, the advice was really helpful! Iwas also wondering if anyone thinks that adding in a Buffalant DRX or a 1-1 Milotic which for a :water: lts you seaqrch your deck for any three cards.

This is My take On your deck

Pokemon-16
3-1-3 Blastoise Bw6
4 Kyurem
3 Keldeo Ex Bw6
2 Emolga Bw5

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums- 33
3 N
3 Pro. Juniper
3 Bianca
2 Cilan

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Energy Retrieval
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Evoilite
2 Switch
2 Super Rod
2 Random Reciever
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC

Energy -10
10 Water Energy

Kyurem From NVI is there to spread more damage to get kos more easily. And you dont have to put more energies. And its a water type

Probably a stupid question but what's the use of Computer Search? :confused:

All the translations are on Pokebeach.com but heres the translation
Computer Search - Trainer
Item

Discard two cards. Search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

---------- Post added 07/12/2012 at 12:58 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Yeah, I was testing earlier and found that Black Kyurem was just a bench siitter. i like what you did about the trainers but I don't really like the three cilan. I like energy search alot better since you can energy search and still have the ability to N, Juniper, or Skyla. I think i will keep the original cilan, energy search lines. Otherwise, the advice was really helpful! Iwas also wondering if anyone thinks that adding in a Buffalant DRX or a 1-1 Milotic which for a :water: lts you seaqrch your deck for any three cards.

1-1 Milotic is bad because its a stage 1. it gets set up in 2 turns not 1. And People Can just use N to disrupt you. Its like that turn was worthless. You should be using emolga or something else. or hugh bw6 which your hand will get bigger if you use its attack. It may force you to discard important cards
KirB is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

I would add Buffalant DRX since it can be a surprise ko from nowhere. Milotic is a no go too slow and clunky.

Your right the turn two is for glaciate, secret sword, etc. depeding on what list i test with. I like KirB's take on the deck but im not sure about the T/S/S lines. i will test both versions of the deck and see which one wins more games against popular bw-on decks and is more consistent.

I can tell you that KirB's version won't compete. I mean emolga is pointless. It wastes an energy let alone a turn of attacking. You have so much tutoring and draw you shouldn't worry about getting Pokemon out. Also Mewtwo abuses rain dance so why would you cut it for more kyurem? Seems pointless. As for the trainer selection it's just abysmal. The point to skyla is teaching vs any possible deck. So why cut single tech cards that can be used in any matchup?

I was working on something similar to this myself, but I was thinking Kyogre EX instead of Kyurem for heavier sniping. I think there will be quite a few 100 HP or less support pokemon (Altaria, Emolga, Eeelektrik for example) and evolution lines that Kyogre EX can 1-2HKO that would take Kyurem 3 hits (if it can survive that long).

You will probably end up giving as many prizes as you take, but their loss will be much greater than your own in terms of overrall performance.

RM

Computer search is great because at the cost of discarding 2 cards, you get to search your deck for any 2, maybe that candy/blastoise you need to finish your set up, or that double energy retrieval to make a big attack happen that turn. Being able to search for 2 cards out of your deck and still have the supporter for your turn available is absolutely insane. if your deck revolves around getting energy in the discard, then it only makes computer search that much better.

EDIT: added thought: while this deck doesn't really revolve around getting energy into the discard pile, that doesn't make computer search bad, or not useful. It just means you have to think multiple turns ahead, or think about how what you're discarding will affect your late game. It just adds more thought into the cards you discard, not really making it bad.

Computer search is great because at the cost of discarding 2 cards, you get to search your deck for any 2, maybe that candy/blastoise you need to finish your set up, or that double energy retrieval to make a big attack happen that turn. Being able to search for 2 cards out of your deck and still have the supporter for your turn available is absolutely insane. if your deck revolves around getting energy in the discard, then it only makes computer search that much better.
It only searches for one card not 2. The translation that poke beach had was wrong but it's still really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back